brake peddle vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some weird tax we have here that they're too lazy to account for.
That's totaly ridiculous. I managed to buy from rockauto when I was in Poland and I needed brake cylinder lol. Ordered on saturday evening-was with me monday morning-tho I got a feeling they may have some parts in europe somewhere-prob germany or netherlands.
Tho all parts I buy in the uk arrive from US.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
carefully pinch rear brake hose off so u isolate the rear brakes and only use the fronts, at highways speed barely ease into the brake slightly . If the peddle "humps" it's your front rotors, if it doesn't then it's in the rear.
I do the opposite. I drive 15 mph, and kick the park brake. If it shudders, it's the rear brakes.

Do i fork over $150 for LS to grind them
Hell, no.

Did you confirm this was your drums? I got the same issue with moderate to hard braking. The pedal vibrates and whole truck shudders.

1991 k1500
Sounds like RWAL normal operation.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do the opposite. I drive 15 mph, and kick the park brake. If it shudders, it's the rear brakes.

Hell, no.

Sounds like RWAL normal operation.

Ebrake???? Wtf is that?? U push an ebrake up here it'll be the last time ur car moves untill I gut ur ebrakes lol rust is king here nd those r first to get it!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ebrake???? Wtf is that?? U push an ebrake up here it'll be the last time ur car moves untill I gut ur ebrakes lol rust is king here nd those r first to get it!

That's a great point given that Schurkey is in the rust belt himself.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Some weird tax we have here that they're too lazy to account for.

Since you've mentioned Rockauto not shipping to CO a few times, I decided to look into it. Apparently, it's certain municipalities that they don't ship to. A law was passed that would force Rockauto to register as a business/collect-taxes in all municipalities that don't have the state doing the collecting...or something along those lines. It would be loads of extra work for them beyond what would be considered normal, so the easier/cheaper solution is not to ship there. There are town in CO where they can ship. Maybe you can get an address in a nearby town that doesn't have the tax issue and get shipments from Rockauto? I can't imagine buying parts without Rockauto now.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out my brake shake. I think it's the pinion angle. Wifey wanted some mulch for the flower beds and I loaded up the 'burb with bags of mulch and the vibrations are almost gone now that is has a bunch of weight on it. I either need to get some shims or find stock springs and keys.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DO NOT get into a collision and let the other person know you have defective brakes.

And I'd appreciate it if you'd actually use real words when you post here.

That's a great point given that Schurkey is in the rust belt himself.
I bought new park brake cables at NAPA a dozen years ago, and actually use them now and then.

The biggest problem with the park brake is that most folks don't use it...ever...and then the cables seize. Which means GM leading/trailing shoe brake design is faulty engineering. They KNOW folks won't use the park brake, but rear brake operation and adjustment depends on using the park brake.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DO NOT get into a collision and let the other person know you have defective brakes.

And I'd appreciate it if you'd actually use real words when you post here.

I bought new park brake cables at NAPA a dozen years ago, and actually use them now and then.

The biggest problem with the park brake is that most folks don't use it...ever...and then the cables seize. Which means GM leading/trailing shoe brake design is faulty engineering. They KNOW folks won't use the park brake, but rear brake operation and adjustment depends on using the park brake.
No offense but I have no "emergency brakes" or "catalytic converters" and can speak "English" fluently so please don't criticize my shorthand , secondly a non working ebrake WILL NOT in any way make a difference in a collision unless there is a main brake system failure. Easily 98* of vehicles here in the upper peninsula DO NOT HAVE WORKING EBRAKES because if rust and lack of use. I'm a state certified mechanic and have been for many years, I remove ebrake internals quite often as they hang up or come apart and since they are not used often, they do not get replaced here. Just was attempting to show an easier way to isolate which brakes have excessive run out when the brake pedal vibrates upon braking or steering wheel shake from brake issues, in no way would I suggest daily driving with any brake hoses pinched closed. I apologize if my point and advice were taken incorrectly or I upset someone from my lack of being able to put my point into proper words that some may have not understood.
And off my soap box I step! Lol