brake peddle vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea $150 is ridiculous, but why is it the shops fault? You buy from an online company who can give a rat's behind about you the customer. If that was my shop I would be pissed too. See not being a business owner people never understand this reasoning. Yes my prices are higher, but I have healthcare, insurance, an actual place customers can deal face to face. We also donate thousands of dollars a month to local charities, schools and churches. I have watched businesses close their doors because "online shopping" is better. My issue here is dont expect a shop who you did not buy parts from bail you out. If a customer buys anything from me it gets immediately resolved. So you buy online, you own the risk of issues.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That 150 isn't just to "resurface". Its bringing the car in diagnosing the problem, taking the drums off, measuring to ensure there is material, taking the time to set up the machine properly, monitoring the progress, inspecting upon completion, reinstalling on vehicle, test drive the car, ensure customer complaint is resolved. So yea 150 sounds high, but if you want to do all the labor and bring them loose drums I doubt itll be 150.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
So just to be clear, a guy posts on the forum looking for help/advice and the best you can do as a business owner is to offer insults and post a demeaning, arrogant reply and make it all about you generosity and customer service. Ok sport got it!!:waytogo:
If this is how you treat your potential new customers that are looking to establish a working relationship with good luck, it sounds like you are going to need it.

westsoundred

Reaction score
Guys, I’m not complaining. Obviously, I’m not going to pay $150 to turn the drums or rotors. My only surprise is I never knew that these could be out of round right out of the box, that surprised me! Now I know, and Im grateful.

as far as knowing what you are buying online, I’d agree. And honestly, I agree with the concern of not supporting local economies, but when the local shops don’t carry the parts I want or I just can’t get to them, Rock Auto has been a solid option. Besides, they are in Madison, Wi, so its not like my money is going to India.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not demeaning, I'm speaking the truth when it comes to people with online purchases. I did offer help and then the guy assumed taking to a shop would be cheap to fix his online purchases. I don't t care if you buy from me or not but dont ***** about local prices. I have thousands of satisfied customers that drive 4 plus hours to see us based on my willing to go out of my way to help.....

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I'm not demeaning, I'm speaking the truth when it comes to people with online purchases. I did offer help and then the guy assumed taking to a shop would be cheap to fix his online purchases. I don't t care if you buy from me or not but dont ***** about local prices. I have thousands of satisfied customers that drive 4 plus hours to see us based on my willing to go out of my way to help.....

So all this is proving to me is buying auto parts online is stupid. You have a problem locally you walk back in and get back on road same day. Now your stuck arguing with some moron that knows nothing about auto parts just pushes computer buttons. Get them local and stop being a cheapwad. Customer service is worth way more than the savings you get from RockAuto.

So this is not demeaning? calling someone stupid for buying online and calling them a cheapwad?
Show us where you offered any help. Other than being an arrogant self promoting jackass all you have done is continually pat your self on the back.

westsoundred

Reaction score

I think you misunderstood what I said about taking it to a shop, or it being cheap. I took it to a tire store to have the wheels balanced, and while there had them look at the drums and rotors. They told me they needed to be surfaced. They wanted a $150. I didnt expect it to be cheap at all, in fact I contemplated paying that because 1) guys need jobs and 2) they do everything, lift the truck, take the wheels off, grind the parts, and put it all together. I don't have to do a thing. I get why its $150. I declined because working on this truck is my hobby, my stress relief, and I like doing it. I'm an architect, but I grew up wrenching in my dads shop.

I get annoyed when I cant figure a problem out immediately, but not too often with shops or parts stores. And fwiw, I drive this truck every day. My 2016 Pathfinder sits in the garage and takes me and my family on long road trips to places like Glacier NP or Yosemite, but the truck is my baby.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the "vibration" you are feeling could be the abs module activating based on losing speed signal. Is there and audible noise heard with your vibration, or is it just in pedal?
First post I made was offering advice.

Then the chatter started about expensive shops. It was more directed to everyone chiming in.

I will always help whoever needs it here whether you like me or not.

And I personally apologize to the gentleman asking for advice. If you were local I would bail you out. So let's move on and continue helping.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez, around here $150 is little more then one hour shop rate. That covers everything from the building, equipment down to the lights, telephone bills, garage owners liability insurance and the little piece of it the tech gets.

It's pretty evident those running mouth don't understand the costs associated with running a business and that you can't survive at diy or shadetree pricing or the liability mess you can put yourself in working on someone else's vehicle absent the protections of a license or insurance.

Last edited: