Vibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should hammering on front of pass. exhaust manifold while using timing light cause change in timing?
I would have expected that the timing would retard.

However, someone on this forum--I don't remember who--said that the computer ignores the knock sensor below a certain RPM. That's not true on the older systems, but it sure could be on some of these GMT400 or newer vehicles.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

However, someone on this forum--I don't remember who--said that the computer ignores the knock sensor below a certain RPM. That's not true on the older systems, but it sure could be on some of these GMT400 or newer vehicles.
iirc, when I was testing mine -93-, the computer would see the signal but wouldn't retard unless the idle was up... Can't remember what idle, wasn't much, but I remember it was stressing me out until I held the throttle a bit open while testing and it retarded then... ...it was easily heard...

Guessing the damper would be too obvious to mention as a possible source of vibration...

Last edited:

Anchor

Reaction score

However, someone on this forum--I don't remember who--said that the computer ignores the knock sensor below a certain RPM. That's not true on the older systems, but it sure could be on some of these GMT400 or newer veh

Hey! Don't call me a retard! :)