Brain questions that make my brain hurt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I did a nv4500 swap a few years back on my '93 k1500. Everything went smooth and when it came to electrical, I wired reverse lights and tied up the 4L60 harness and never had a problem. Still don't somehow......

Today I bought a '95 with the 4L60e and it's got 139333 miles on it. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet but it seems to be alright.

I know '95 was a ******* child year. A lot was either different from 88-94, or unique specifically to '95. The TBI is pretty much the same, but the trans is not.

My question is:
Could I get away with doing the same thing or would I need a different PCM/prom?

Reaction score
It's also come to my attention that '95 PCM for manual trucks use a different connector, and that apparently the EGR and knock sensors differ from auto to manual. The knock sensor I get, not so much the EGR.... I'm not necessarily planning a swap, but knowing these 4L60e's typically short life spans, I'd like to plan ahead. Thanks for any input guys!