Bracket dangling .... Shifter cable 4L80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
'95 K2500 'Burban
454 /4L80e
Floor shift transfer case

Anyone know where this goes? It's not the one that goes on the oil pan with 2 bolts.
You must be registered for see images attach

I found the mounting bolts in my trans and transfer case were GONE!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

I sourced 2 bolts from a local trans shop for the trans mount before finding the transfer case bolts were missing as well.
Attempting to install the two bolts I have ..... and noticed this cable bracket dangling.
I can't see any place that it might go or how it attaches. ?????

BTW, I ratchet strapped the transfer case tailshaft to the frame and pulled it over to align the bolt holes but they are not aligned front to back..... Can't "pry bar" the whole driveline forward/back to get in position. Guess I'll be loosening the crossmember mount bolts to try and get full alignment.
Too hot to be working this afternoon. Heading to town to sweat at the 4th celebration (bands, boat parade, raft races, food trucks, etc). Fireworks display at dark.
Happy Birthday USA!!!!!

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Missing important bolts is always a bit scary! I don't recall seeing that bracket on my trans. What I remember is the shift cable coming right out of the floorboard going right to the pan mounted bracket. I'll try to remember to get a look underneath there tomorrow and let you know what I see.