Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Nope, that's the 4 wire 98-00 connectors. Also the 80 in 4L80 stands for 8000 GVW, not 800 ft/lb like their misinformed site claims.

I noticed that too. Makes me wonder what else could be going on with the information they post.

Think it'd be worth it to pin a 411 to that harness and then button it all into a truck, or would it be more of a headache than it'd be worth?
I'm overthinking things, but overthinking out loud.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thing, you don't need that harness for your truck as you already have a 454 and a harness. WAY easier to just pin yours for the 411.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thing, you don't need that harness for your truck as you already have a 454 and a harness. WAY easier to just pin yours for the 411.

My thinking with the new harness is that in the event something goes south (just in case, I'd wager 75% of the time I try to do major upgrades or repairs, something happens and I'm left up **** creek for a day or two) I could still have the stock PCM and harness to install in the truck,

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My thinking with the new harness is that in the event something goes south (just in case, I'd wager 75% of the time I try to do major upgrades or repairs, something happens and I'm left up **** creek for a day or two) I could still have the stock PCM and harness to install in the truck,

The re-pinning isn't hard, you just have to take your time. If you are super concerned, you could mark the stock location of each wire with tape, then worst case you swap back. If you marked each one you could probably 0411 swap, troubleshoot any issues, and still swap back to the old computer faster than you could swap harnesses.

Plus, if you marked each wire troubleshooting would be super easy.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welp. No Black Box tune this paycheck. Alternator was going out slowly but surely, idler pulley was locking up, there's a mystery coolant leak somewhere on the lower radiator hose, and I need to pay registration on this ******* too.
And not to mention I need to get a new contact prescription because my vision is slowly going to **** even more.

Nice, shiny new and about $40 cheaper than Advance, AutoZone, and O'Reilly's.
You must be registered for see images attach

Now, the reason I've been asking about the new harness and pinning up a 411 is because I'm a firm believer in Murhpy's Law. And it's Murphy's Law almost every time I try to work on my truck.

Started to unhook the alternator, I unplugged the pin on the side and set it to the side, but as I went to lift it out of the bracket with a pry-bar so I could unhook the cable on the back, I heard a pleasant snapping noise once I got it rocked up.

YUP. Somehow the plug got pinched between the alternator and the bracket on the back. So, into town I went in search of a new plug. O'Reilly's and AutoZone let me down, Advanced saved the day with an $11 BWD connector, got it cut and connected to the original wire and got it hooked up.

Aaah. Nice and new. I've got a new Dayco belt tucked behind my seat because it was on sale when I grabbed the idler from AutoZone.

Truck also rolled over 155,000 coming back from the woman's house tonight; hard to believe I've already put almost 12,000 miles on it in less than a year.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Brody it sounds like your new tag line must have pissed off either Jesus or Murphy... or maybe both !

Sounds logical to me,
It's actually a quote from Trailer Park Boys. The forums #1 show,
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Priorities man

Yeaaah. The coolant leak I hope is the lower radiator hose and not the water pump ******** the bed. It's been a slow leak over a couple days, and the weep holes on the pump seem dry.