Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Bout time you got that bumper!
Looks awesome! I ordered cab lights for mine this morning! Still on the fence about these dumbo ear mirrors though! How bout you?

I'm planning on getting the K2XX mirrors as soon as the funds are available, black with amber lenses.

I used to not like them, but they grew on me because the boxy profile of them works with the 400s better than the GMT800 mirrors did, I still like the 800 mirrors, but the new ones look killer on these trucks.

And I know, the bumper was overdue. Now if only I could get lucky and find some Z71/Limited Tahoe foglight buckets!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the K2XX mirrors as soon as the funds are available, black with amber lenses.

I used to not like them, but they grew on me because the boxy profile of them works with the 400s better than the GMT800 mirrors did, I still like the 800 mirrors, but the new ones look killer on these trucks.
I think I'm gonna order some chrome ones with amber lenses. If I don't like the chrome I can always paint it. Gonna either get me one of them three light hickeys for under the tailgate or a led strip.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna order some chrome ones with amber lenses. If I don't like the chrome I can always paint it. Gonna either get me one of them three light hickeys for under the tailgate or a led strip.

3 lights IMO, that's what I've got kicking around in my shed waiting to get put on. I need to rewire the damn trailer plug too, got a new one rolling around in my back seat I need to cut and wire in before I do the ID bar.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
3 lights IMO, that's what I've got kicking around in my shed waiting to get put on. I need to rewire the damn trailer plug too, got a new one rolling around in my back seat I need to cut and wire in before I do the ID bar.
I gotta stop sometime! I bet I've put 250 feet of wire in my truck in the past two weeks! I wanna get everything done before I post up! I think it's gonna be sweet! I saw that pic of you playing with center caps. Wonder how a chrome 800 cap would look?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I gotta stop sometime! I bet I've put 250 feet of wire in my truck in the past two weeks! I wanna get everything done before I post up! I think it's gonna be sweet! I saw that pic of you playing with center caps. Wonder how a chrome 800 cap would look?

I'd thought about it, but I'm pretty dead set on a black center cap; if I had black rims I'd rock a chrome center; but I feel like it's too much for a chrome rim and cap.
I started pricing out chrome lug covers for that project, $40 for a set of 20!

I'd also thought about polishing these rims even more, running the American Racing style center cap and black lugs; decisions, decisions.....

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'd thought about it, but I'm pretty dead set on a black center cap; if I had black rims I'd rock a chrome center; but I feel like it's too much for a chrome rim and cap.
I started pricing out chrome lug covers for that project, $40 for a set of 20!

I'd also thought about polishing these rims even more, running the American Racing style center cap and black lugs; decisions, decisions.....
And what worrisome decisions they are! Don't you love when you have this great idea, then you do it, stand back and say... Well that looks like ****! Took me 4 different centers to come up with what I did on the Hummer wheel.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
And what worrisome decisions they are! Don't you love when you have this great idea, then you do it, stand back and say... Well that looks like ****! Took me 4 different centers to come up with what I did on the Hummer wheel.

Luckily most of the cosmetic ideas I've done have worked out, there are a few rough edges I need to clean up like painting and readjusting the fender flares, a fresh coat of paint on the frame, and trying to get the headlights back into the grille.
All in all, with how the truck looked when I got it to now, I'm pretty happy with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I desperately need to get the clear coat fixed on the passenger fender though, it's getting worse with every passing day and it drive me insane looking at it.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Luckily most of the cosmetic ideas I've done have worked out, there are a few rough edges I need to clean up like painting and readjusting the fender flares, a fresh coat of paint on the frame, and trying to get the headlights back into the grille.
All in all, with how the truck looked when I got it to now, I'm pretty happy with it.

I desperately need to get the clear coat fixed on the passenger fender though, it's getting worse with every passing day and it drive me insane looking at it.
It's night and day difference! I like the way your going with it! The best thing you did was lose the old man running boards! Lol! I like the "454" on the grille! I just ordered the damn dumbo ears!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well, it's hard to believe I've owned this truck for over a year now. I remember driving it home the couple hours the Friday night, and then just staring at it almost all morning the following Saturday.

I also started thinking about all the **** I replaced, and I could add up all the receipts and figure out how much I spent, but I'm probably right around 2K in maintenance and mods all together.

And there's still a **** ton of stuff left that I want to do. Unfortunately one of those involved rebuilding the entire drivetrain, but I don't need to worry about that for a long while. I hope.