Bought the palmer performance dashcommand to set CMP retard what a difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So for all of you that have put our distributor in before and thought that just getting it set good enough to get the 1345 code to go away well I'm going to tell you right now my trucks been running really rough for quite some time with no check engine light as far as that goes and I downloaded everything and my truck was lost by about nine or 10 degrees I adjusted it slightly to where it's about .3 to .7 degrees and boy I can tell the difference just listening to it. If you're debating whether or not to spend the $20 I'm telling you right now go for it I I wish I had had done this two years ago when I replaced the distributor originally
You must be registered for see images attach

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal; I've always wondered how close was close enough. Haven't messed with it on the Tahoe, but when the thrust surface on the K1500 failed I dialed the new one well enough to kill the light and it has always been just on the edge of pinging at WOT since. Might have to pony up and do it right, haha.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love Dashcommand! Lucky for me, I have a 97' Lesabre, so I only had to pay extra for the one set of 1997 PIDs.

However, the only complaint that I have is that it doesn't seem to like to switch from Lesabre to Tahoe and vice-versa. I have to play with the type of device (select the actual bluetooth device, select low-voltage (I think) device. I wish they would just work when I hit the connect button.

The devices that I have in both vehicles are Konnwei brand, the $17 ones. I bought these first just to try them, and as long as I'm connecting/disconnecting from the same vehicle, it's fine.

I'm hesitant to spend big money on better ones if I'm just going to have the same issues. Anybody have any input on this?

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love Dashcommand! Lucky for me, I have a 97' Lesabre, so I only had to pay extra for the one set of 1997 PIDs.

However, the only complaint that I have is that it doesn't seem to like to switch from Lesabre to Tahoe and vice-versa. I have to play with the type of device (select the actual bluetooth device, select low-voltage (I think) device. I wish they would just work when I hit the connect button.

The devices that I have in both vehicles are Konnwei brand, the $17 ones. I bought these first just to try them, and as long as I'm connecting/disconnecting from the same vehicle, it's fine.

I'm hesitant to spend big money on better ones if I'm just going to have the same issues. Anybody have any input on this?
I think it's in their program. My 2 adapters auto connect just fine with torque and car gauge. I have to connect my adapters first then start dash command. Oh well.
Car gauge pro didn't work for me. And the support person said not compatible with 96-98 lol so I'm not sure how it used to work for others. But it doesn't now I guess

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's in their program. My 2 adapters auto connect just fine with torque and car gauge. I have to connect my adapters first then start dash command. Oh well.
Car gauge pro didn't work for me. And the support person said not compatible with 96-98 lol so I'm not sure how it used to work for others. But it doesn't now I guess

I guess it's good to know that it's not just me. I also downloaded and paid for the full version of Torq. I'm not sure how I like that one. It seems overly complicated compared to DC. Maybe I need to invest some more time into that and then use one app for each vehicle.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it's good to know that it's not just me. I also downloaded and paid for the full version of Torq. I'm not sure how I like that one. It seems overly complicated compared to DC. Maybe I need to invest some more time into that and then use one app for each vehicle.
Torque has alot more stuff and best interface I think but I've been using it since 2008 also I paid for it when it was $4 anyway I did really like car gauge pro just too bad it wouldn't read CMP retard
So I'm still getting a misfire code now and then but at least now the check engine light sometimes goes off I believe it's probably my exhaust leak near the oxygen sensor I need to make a better gasket because the flange is bent and won't seal with one of the $8 gaskets from O'Reilly's

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Torque has alot more stuff and best interface I think but I've been using it since 2008 also I paid for it when it was $4 anyway I did really like car gauge pro just too bad it wouldn't read CMP retard
So I'm still getting a misfire code now and then but at least now the check engine light sometimes goes off I believe it's probably my exhaust leak near the oxygen sensor I need to make a better gasket because the flange is bent and won't seal with one of the $8 gaskets from O'Reilly's

I may have missed it, but If you pull up the real-time misfire on all 8 cylinders, are you only getting one or a few misfiring, or all of them?

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but If you pull up the real-time misfire on all 8 cylinders, are you only getting one or a few misfiring, or all of them?
It depends. Sometimes a p0300 and sometimes the #5 but my fuel trims are rich. Exhaust leak. Headers no egr. But no EGR code

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you done a tune up on it recently? Did this start after you removed or replaced something? Are all of your O2s hooked up and operating correctly? Aside from being familiar with my own GMT400, my dad has a fleet of 6 of them for his business. Plenty of them have had exhaust leaks in the past with no check engine lights on them.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you done a tune up on it recently? Did this start after you removed or replaced something? Are all of your O2s hooked up and operating correctly? Aside from being familiar with my own GMT400, my dad has a fleet of 6 of them for his business. Plenty of them have had exhaust leaks in the past with no check engine lights on them.
It started a few months after the headers and tb spacer. Got a EGR code once when I first did the headers then it never came back. The double pipe to cat gasket started leaking again. Flange isn't flush. Then started getting the codes. So I changed all the plugs and did cap n rotor this week. Wires aren't old but I will change them today or tomorrow if I get off work early. Maybe just pull the truck in my bay on my lunch