Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size Whipple super charger is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Same as David, 2.3L. The 1.6 that they had the gall to offer on the 454 realistically is undersized for even my 350 as I can only get about 4psi pullied down on that in CO.

Got a couple more pics of this beast, it is comically large. I didn't realize how much they moved in the back of the truck, but it appears I'm using all fronts on 4 corners so that doesn't help. I think I want those Lance struts that go into the wiper cowl area to help further stabilize it after that. Part of the way it drove on the way home was caused by a tie down coming loose from the camper settling, so when I hit a bump the thing would jump up a few inches and jerk the front of the truck up. With it scooted forward more and tied down tighter it doesn't do that anymore. I replaced the 2 2x6s with a single 2x6 with a piece of chip board screwed to it, this got it nice and close to the front with just enough clearance not to touch and the rear black tank cover has about 1.5 finger gaps worth of clearance. Even freed up a little wiggle room on the camper harness so it has some slack now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like a damn motorhome, it's hilarious! Duallies kick ass. Time to mod.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Took 3 tries to get up the driveway in 2wd, so I can't say i'm surprised by this, but it is only the 2nd time in 7 winters this has happened.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Man, everyone is getting snow but me. Send some of that **** my way.

That seems a little pitiful it couldn't make it up the driveway; is it steeper than it looks?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can't say, but it is decently steep. I made it in 2wd, just slid back down is all. Locked it in 4wd and parked it for the night, we'lll see where it sits in the morning.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'm not getting snow either but I'm glad, lets me look at my truck in all it's glory and wish it was done lol