Blueprint 383 short block and CA smog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHEVYS4ME

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real simple, with KOEO, open WUD (What's Up Display), click on Display/Flash, then click on the "Select BIN" button, find your .bin you want, then the "Flash Bank" you want, and click on "Apply" (wait for it to finish, usually ~4 seconds). Then turn key off for at least 10 seconds for the IAC to reset itself, then you can start your engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Note: you can switch banks with engine running anytime in case it's not running right or you want to compare performance.

Then

This is exactly what I needed! Plus I could not figure out where to hook up the red, black, and green wires that plug into USB cable. I seen hole in ECU and thought they plugged into ECU somewhere. Now I realize they hook into wire side of larger ECU connector. It all makes sense now.

You guys are awesome!

It's super hot right now, but I'm going to try to get it installed today.

After going through help files, tutorials, and browsing through tables, I should be able to get started self tuning. I'm sure I'll need some help at some point.

There are some really nice features I will be taking advantage of for sure. Here are a few I will def be improvising...

-Raise idle switch
-Shift Light LED
-Lean Cruise
-Fuel cut on decel
-iat sensor support
-Multiple custom tunes

It will be easy to tune this injector pod too...

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus I could not figure out where to hook up the red, black, and green wires that plug into USB cable. I seen hole in ECU and thought they plugged into ECU somewhere. Now I realize they hook into wire side of larger ECU connector. It all makes sense now.
Yeah that's on his website too. Good you found it but for anyone else...
http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash_Install.php

Then I made a little bracket and mounted it under the dash, out of the way. If anyone asks I'll just tell them it's for the passenger's head phones.

CHEVYS4ME

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find an answer to this question for a couple days:

Can I add a 2nd catalytic converter AFTER the required single catalytic converter? I'm running a y-pipe with single converter, single in muffler, and dual out. So, only 1 converter is "required".

Reason for question is, with obd1 you are required to have a failed smog report indicating converter was the cause. Then you have to have it replaced at a repair station, and retain failed smog, and repair receipts in case smog tech asks why converter is new. They can fail you for tampered exhaust, and send you to a smog referee. I don't really want that. The truck isn't even in my name yet.

I read the CA law as: anything past the last converter can be modified as long as its not louder than stock.

I have been reading arguments back and forth from smog techs. Some say its legal, they are just further reducing emissions. Others say, no way, I would fail them, and send them to a referee! They are hiding something!

If I run my stock converter (which is only about 3 years old) and then the new converter right behind it, It will lower emissions further, assuring I will pass emissions with the 383 and custom tune.

Then again, everything is new, I really shouldn't have a problem with emissions with 383 from what most people say. Maybe I should run it with the single stock one and just see how it goes?

I want to make this smog as easy as I can...

Any input? Thoughts? Experiences?

I'm getting ready to swap engines, and build a new exhaust from headers to tailpipes, so wanted as many opinions as I can get.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remind me please, what year truck? Isn't there something about the cat having over so many miles? The new cat should come with a certificate of replacement (or something like that) in which the technician signs to keep you legal?

My 02 Infinity Q45 has 3 cats and 4 mufflers, ha ha. The front 2 cats are monitored.

CHEVYS4ME

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remind me please, what year truck? Isn't there something about the cat having over so many miles? The new cat should come with a certificate of replacement (or something like that) in which the technician signs to keep you legal?

My 02 Infinity Q45 has 3 cats and 4 mufflers, ha ha. The front 2 cats are monitored.
It's a 92 Chevy C1500 2wd 5.7l Auto trans.

I don't run a cat, except for smog, on any of my cars. Yeah, it has to fail smog before you can replace cat on this obd1 system, then shop has to install it. They want failed report, cat, and installation receipts if they find it has been replaced.

My Speed3 has 2 cats, but 2nd isn't monitored. Fake cat in 2nd cats place.

I'm talking about adding a 2nd cat after the factory required cat. I'm curious to opinions if a smog tech would fail it or not?

May try out that brush on stuff that makes parts look rusty and see how it looks, idk

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I personally think you'll pass with your current cat, but I understand you want it to pass with flying colors. As long as you have high enough exhaust temperatures, it should do the job. I ran my cat further back than factory, wrapped my y-pipe to try and get the EGT's up. With headers, you might be better running smaller diameter pipes after the collectors.

I'm not sure how much a second cat will help. Instead of running two in series, it might be better running a cat after each bank. I apologize if that's not an option, I'm not super familiar with your techs or local laws.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 92 Chevy C1500 2wd 5.7l Auto trans.

I don't run a cat, except for smog, on any of my cars. Yeah, it has to fail smog before you can replace cat on this obd1 system, then shop has to install it. They want failed report, cat, and installation receipts if they find it has been replaced.

My Speed3 has 2 cats, but 2nd isn't monitored. Fake cat in 2nd cats place.

I'm talking about adding a 2nd cat after the factory required cat. I'm curious to opinions if a smog tech would fail it or not?

May try out that brush on stuff that makes parts look rusty and see how it looks, idk

I am not telling anyone how to bypass smog laws but cats do get stolen all the time. Would be unfortunate if someone cut that pellet box cat off with a sawzall and a metal blade and walked off with it. A person could probably then use the Magnaflow replacement for a Vortec 305. It is a dual in/single out design and eliminates the restrictive stock Y-pipe.