blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
think i may get the one from wfo with the flat top and chevy 10 bolt tie rod taper to keep the stock tie rod parts. got my body lift off today during my lunch at work and messed up one bolt -_- got my other set of wheels today too and some free tires i took off a f250. got the calipers and shock and hubs off the axle. may keep the auto hubs to save some money for now. picking up the t case saay morning and next wednesday going to junkyard to get k5 rear springs and whatever else i find

also anyone ever swaped the front studs to match the rear so i can keep the same lugnuts on all 4 wheels? doesnt seem that hard

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i actually drilled my axles all the way around for bigger studs, i think i used 9/16 studs if i remember right

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so to keep the tie rod in stock 10 bolt location and not run into clearance issues im going to get d44 flat top and drill it out and put in a taperd insert so i can match the drivers side and not have to get a nother knuckle. i picked up the t case today going to clean it soon. heres some pics from my progress taking the body lift off and swapin wheels and starting to tear apart axle. need to get axle nut socket still i remove the knuckles. one of my body mount holes in body is messed up so now i got to figure how im going to retap the hole

You must be registered for see images attach

on the lift ready to remove body lift

axle on jack stands

started by removing the calipers

then removed the shock and stabilizer and tried to remove steering arm but didnt move

auto hubs may keep them or get some manual ones not sure yet

outer portion of hub off

inner now

pile of crap taken off axle lol

drivers side lowerd

new to me wheels. traded my buddy my body lft and giving him my front diff for em

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
for the bad body mount hole you can tap it to a 1/2"x18 thread and just use a 1/2" bolt for that one position

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got pics of t case need to upload later. i may have to drill out and tap that one hole oh well haha. progress will be slow got some b day money so going to junkyard wednesday and getting k5 springs, spring plates and tie rod. found d 44 knuckle going to get and ill get it machined eventually just tring to collect the hard to get parts first

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
got pics of t case need to upload later. i may have to drill out and tap that one hole oh well haha. progress will be slow got some b day money so going to junkyard wednesday and getting k5 springs, spring plates and tie rod. found d 44 knuckle going to get and ill get it machined eventually just tring to collect the hard to get parts first

you dont drill to put in the 1/2 tap, its already the right size, you just run the tap through the metric hole

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ah okay. i tried to put the right tap in there but i coultnt get it in that far because of the body mounts and tap wasnt that long