Big 3 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Great job. heavier wiring does wonders. especially the grounds. One thing I would have done beyond what you did would be to install a Ford solenoid. This takes the heavy GM starter draw down to only about 3 amps (old dirt track trick) but what you did works wonders. Good job.

MRAJB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance this Big 3 upgrade will help me when using my plow? Also all the lights (exterior/interior) in my truck K2500 have a very slight flicker to them. Maybe I have a bad ground somewhere.

MRAJB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do I just remove the factory ground wires, clean up the attachment locations and then connect the new wires?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any chance this Big 3 upgrade will help me when using my plow? Also all the lights (exterior/interior) in my truck K2500 have a very slight flicker to them. Maybe I have a bad ground somewhere.
Definitely will help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What size fuse do you use for the alternator to battery wire?
At least as big as the amp out put of the alternator. I have a 150 amp fuse on my 105 amp OE alternator. At the time, that was the next biggest fuse over 100 amps that I could find. A 125 amp would have been better, but oh well. Also the 150 amp will allow me to put the bigger alternator in the future.

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did. Out of some drop off aluminum we had at our shop. It is 2 bowties made out of the same 1/8 aluminum. I installed them with some nut rivets that are riveted into the frame work under the hood. The bowties are bolted to this with 10-32 screws. Here are a few pics of it as I made it.

Hey man you make me that lighted bowtie. Please ill pay for time and parts

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more pics. They wouldnt all fit in the other post. OK, LOL I had to sneak a few in of my lighted bow tie, and polish work on the alt, AC compressor, SST rad bracket, AC lines, ECT.
Is your under hood just painted or is that something else and where did you get the radeator support like that