Big 3 and Dual Battery Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waycooljr32

Reaction score
I am sure this is a dumb question but where is the second battery location? Under the hood, if so what are people using for a tray? I am interested in doing this I just want to know the logistics of everything. Any pictures installed would be awesome.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure this is a dumb question but where is the second battery location? Under the hood, if so what are people using for a tray? I am interested in doing this I just want to know the logistics of everything. Any pictures installed would be awesome.
It’s on the drivers side opposite the main battery. There are trays that fit in the different year groups, ‘94 and older, ‘95 and up. I only have pics of my ‘98 I sold last year
You must be registered for see images attach

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s on the drivers side opposite the main battery. There are trays that fit in the different year groups, ‘94 and older, ‘95 and up. I only have pics of my ‘98 I sold last year
You must be registered for see images attach
The Battery is supposed to be on the drivers side?? lol

* Disregard ... I can't read apparently. *

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these kits still available? If so, how much?

I'm replacing the alternator in my '94 GMC K2500 w/ 7.4L V8, and I thought maybe I could upgrade the cabling while I was at it.

I could easily make my own cables, but I thought this kit would be easier.

Thank you!

c

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these kits still available? If so, how much?

I'm replacing the alternator in my '94 GMC K2500 w/ 7.4L V8, and I thought maybe I could upgrade the cabling while I was at it.

I could easily make my own cables, but I thought this kit would be easier.

Thank you!

c
I am still making them. Pm sent!

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you get the right battery you could put it anywhere you want and however inverted too. Lol.

also surprised you didnt utilize those top posts at all
The side post bolts I use in my kits work very well and haven’t loosened up on any of my trucks yet. I use measurements for the side posts as well for my kits since very few customers have switched to top posts, but have made kits for top post batteries as well. Those were the batteries that were in stock when I needed them and I didn’t worry about switching the cables to the top.