Best way to keep this used Yukon running like new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm normally of the same mind, but my Suburban had been well maintained, and it blew without warning while towing a trailer through a construction zone. It dumped all the coolant and I had to keep rolling another three miles before I could pull over. That was the beginning of the end of my Suburban.
Mine was giving me some warnings - losing coolant (externally) and using oil (though I didn't appreciate it was being lost via the gaskets) but it was reading the horror stories on this forum of catastrophic failures the prompted me to change mine. All fluids under control now and the peace of mind is worth all the effort.

That said, given the mileage the OP's Yukon has on it - is it possible it is still on its original gaskets? If there's absolutely no coolant or oil loss - might he be safe for a while longer on what must be relatively new gaskets? Or, is the type failure experienced by L31MaxExpress a risk too far?