best body filler or spot putty for plastics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
is 3M glazing and spot putty okay to use on plastics? (never "worked" plastic before..lol)

looking to work some plastic real soon (don't have pictures available at this time...)

wondering which products would be best to use. the "fill layer" will not be more than a 16th of an inch thick, most likely a 32nd of an inch will do the trick.

...and no i'm not putting fender flares or ground effects on my truck :D

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
you can use 3m gaze on plastic but i wouldnt recommend it if your repairing a big dent like sometimes plastic bumpers. now deep scratches and little dings you can do that. 3m does make a plastic repair epoxy "FMC and SMC" its a 2-part mixture and takes about a 2-3 min work time. to sand you will need about an 80-180 to sand cuz its not easy to sand. get it where you want it and drop down to like 220 or 320 grit. if you still have scratches from sanding then skim over it with glaze then your good to go

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can use 3m gaze on plastic but i wouldnt recommend it if your repairing a big dent like sometimes plastic bumpers. now deep scratches and little dings you can do that. 3m does make a plastic repair epoxy "FMC and SMC" its a 2-part mixture and takes about a 2-3 min work time. to sand you will need about an 80-180 to sand cuz its not easy to sand. get it where you want it and drop down to like 220 or 320 grit. if you still have scratches from sanding then skim over it with glaze then your good to go

Most of the 3M works really well. What are you trying to do?

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like u-pol dolphin glaze it seems the most flexible of all the.puttys I ever tried. 10 years no issues