Bent Chassis bumper bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if there's already a thread on here for this, but I have a bent front bumper bracket on the chassis of my 1998 Silverado ECSB Z71. It's also the one that a body bolt is mounted into. Is there a way I can pull it back out? I've already gotten everything else taken care of, but when I pull on this it only tweaks it more or pulls the whole truck, even with the wheels behind a curb.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
both are bent, but i have brackets that I pulled from the junkyard. I can't weld and can't afford a body shop haha so tryin to make this work.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i couldn't get it straightened i was just gonna use the other three mounts for the bumper and not even worry about the bent one. Just trying to straighen up the front of my truck.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Damn it won't bend back with the wheels behind a curb huh? Does it pull the wheels up the curb? I assume you were yanking on it with another truck. Have you tried pounding on a wooden block against it with heat?

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was gonna be my next idea. should I run an eye bolt through the holes to get an even pull? or just wrap the chain around it and pull like that?

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it won't bend back with the wheels behind a curb huh? Does it pull the wheels up the curb? I assume you were yanking on it with another truck. Have you tried pounding on a wooden block against it with heat?

I'm pulling with a 2 ton come along, yeah it's pullin it up the curb with it in park and the emergency brake on. didnt think heat would be a good idea with all the wires and a body mount mounted to the same thing.