Bench to buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a friend that just bought a 97 ecsb flare side. He has the bucket seats in his truck. And I have a 98 ecsb with the bench or 60/40 front seat. I have searched and I see alternatives for bench seats. But my question is we should be able to unbolt them and swap the out, correct? And his seats are full electric and mine are manual. How would you wire up the buckets?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what a flare side is, so I'll assume you mean stepside.

Anyways, they should. They have the same dimensions in terms of mounting holes. And someone on here at one time said that the two end risers on a bench seat can function as a set for one bucket seat, so I would assume the same can be said for one set of bucket seat risers can be separated into a set for a bench.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will swap right out, no need to swap seat tracks. The truck with the bench will have the holes for the buckets under the carpet on the Dr side. The bucket truck will have the rear hole for the 60 portion under the console bracket but you'll have to drill the front hole. The 40 part will bolt in just like the bucket.

Check under the carpet for the plug for the power seat it might already be there. If it isn't it just needs power an ground to work. I've seen the plug in trucks with manual seats in the salvaged yard before....

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They will swap right out, no need to swap seat tracks. The truck with the bench will have the holes for the buckets under the carpet on the Dr side. The bucket truck will have the rear hole for the 60 portion under the console bracket but you'll have to drill the front hole. The 40 part will bolt in just like the bucket.

Check under the carpet for the plug for the power seat it might already be there. If it isn't it just needs power an ground to work. I've seen the plug in trucks with manual seats in the salvaged yard before....
Quick question. Was there ever a leather 60/40 option?

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked under my truck where the holes would be. But what would do you use for nuts and bolts?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked under my truck where the holes would be. But what would do you use for nuts and bolts?

You use the same bolts you take out. Each seat has 4 bolts regardless of type. For the front of the 60 seat just get a nut an a fender washer to go on the bottom. It will take two people to tighten it though....

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this exact thing in my 00 Classic that I'm practically restoring. I had a leather 60-40 bench, and went to A95 buckets from a 98 burb. I had to drill the holes on the drivers side floor pan closest to the trans hump. There were dimples already stamped in the floor as to where the holes needed to be!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the passenger seat bolts right inplace the same, but the drivers seat needs two holes stilled into the floor. just bolt in the outter 2 bolts so its lined up properly and then with some tape simply mark the carpet and cut out the carpet around the new hole. and TRY to cut the carpet the same size as factory cup holes are in the center from old mounts... that way you can simply move that cut carpet to the old holes so it doesnt look to bad ;)
and like said simply use harneded bolts and washers and nuts after drilling holes in the floor. and use 2 different size washers on the bottom of the truck to step up the diameter so the bolt wont be easily ripped thru the floor if ever in a accident! first washer is the one that fits the bolt, and the second is much larger and the first washer still goes around it. pretty simple really with two people! i did it by myself with two ratchets carefully, it just took me longer cause the wrench kept falling over and off.LOL

and as to the power its simply a power and ground and most likely its already wired under the carpet. its a orange wire and a black wire i believe. if you cannt find the plug you can easily find them in a junkyard!

and personally i love my 60/40 with console fold down section! best improvement ive done on my truck by far! from going from some tiny bucket seat arm rests to the 60/40 console as a super wide arm rest was awesome!!!!!! and if yours doesnt have the console and just a solid arm rest, you can replace just that section with a console section! ive got two console sections from 60/40s. ive sold several to people on craigslist and slapped em in there trucks for profit ;)

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I went from buckets to bench, gave me a Blazer that went form 5 seats to 6. I had to custom make the center bracket.......too a whole day of fooling around to make it. Sadly I do not have the pictures anymore. I still have my buckets and I know one day I will put them back in.