Bbc efi single or dual plane intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to find better intake manifold for the tall deck efi bbc. Only options that really been finding are rect port single plane efi or getting the ram pro flo xt and welding spacers on to work on a tall deck. Trying to see if anyone seen something that might work better. I like throttle body being in the middle of the engine bay area to work with stock intake filter housing, but been thinking of trying the pro flo xt.

I have also been thinking of spending more time porting the stock intake and welding spacers on it as well
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dedicated tall-deck manifold should use a stock Chevy distributor. A passenger-car manifold with spacers to adapt to the higher deck height needs a "special" distributor (Slip-collar) or you machine the flange off of a stock distributor and add a slip-collar higher up, to account for the higher mounting pad due to the spacers lifting the manifold up.

I bought oval-port spacers and a slip-collar over a decade ago, when I thought I was going to use a stroked tall-deck 427 block in my boat. In the end, I went with a plain ol' 454.

What is the power band of those two manifolds? I'd expect the Pro-Flo to make more torque; but I don't really know for sure.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a distributor at all, so no issues with it. Just the lower rpm powerband. Pro flo states 1500 and up, which is better than single plane 3k+.
edit: other single plane intakes claim 1500 and up rpm range as well

Last edited:

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 1500-rpm beginning of the power band would be the deciding factor for me. I don't know how much you'd prioritize that.
I was hoping to find a dual plane efi intake that is oval port instead of the referenced single plane rect port. Which would then I was hoping have better low rpm than pro flo xt

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found that they do exist in marine application, but would have to be modified for injectors. Marine intake.
Will dig some more, maybe there is an efi marine intake that exists as well.