Basic 2/4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which is the better riding 2/4 drop out there.

97 silverado extended cab 2wd. Making a daily driver out of it and want something just slightly aggressive but rides good

SSTex

Reaction score
I used Belltech 2" drop spindles and the front and rear hangers for the rear. I tried adding a 1" shorter front spring and a flip kit at the rear, and it rode like a wooden wagon. 2/4 makes a good look and a nice ride.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Djm 2in drop control arms and shackle and hanger kit of your choice. Don’t know what size of wheels your running but if your running 15s or even a spare you will need to trim the lower control arm if you run spindles and spindles also push the front wheels out towards the fender. If you use djm arms you get to use your factory coil and you get new bushings, new lower ball joint, and can run factory wheels without cutting. Djm offers a 3/4 which would be great for a daily.
You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are new shocks recomended when doing a 2/4. I may cut the front springs for now and do a 2/4
I would at the very least recommend shock extenders for the rear, if shocks are old and worn out then go ahead and replace them as well.

Kcd24

Reaction score
Started a drop kit a couple days ago. Only managed to get the rear finished up before tomorrows knee surgery. I went with a rough country kit. Comes with new shocks and seems well made. Looking forward to getting it finished and getting rid of the Carolina Squat.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
spindles also push the front wheels out towards the fender.
Only BellTech spindles & their design derivatives (Rough Country, CMS, etc.) push the wheels out. About 3/4". That can be accounted for with a wheel choice that has the appropriate offset.
DJM spindles do not widen the track.
If/when going to a 4" drop, spindles & drop-pocket LCAs are not recommended.
Drop-pocket LCAs aren't commonly used much, anymore.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only BellTech spindles & their design derivatives (Rough Country, CMS, etc.) push the wheels out. About 3/4". That can be accounted for with a wheel choice that has the appropriate offset.
DJM spindles do not widen the track.
If/when going to a 4" drop, spindles & drop-pocket LCAs are not recommended.
Drop-pocket LCAs aren't commonly used much, anymore.
Correct but most people won’t spend the time to get the correct offset to accommodate for the extra track width. I usually run LCA and springs on everything unless it’s on air.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your wheels and tires set up on there. I've looked at the rough country kit.