Bad shake and 0 oil pressure at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tough to say, depends on how well it was maintained and how hard it was beaten. I've seen plenty of them with 200k+ miles running strong If you could find one with around 100k miles on it and did the timing chain while it was out, you could probably get another 100k miles easy if you take care of it.

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough to say, depends on how well it was maintained and how hard it was beaten. I've seen plenty of them with 200k+ miles running strong If you could find one with around 100k miles on it and did the timing chain while it was out, you could probably get another 100k miles easy if you take care of it.
Well then I got pretty lucky with this one cuz it's like 10k away from 300k

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
At how many miles do them 350 vortecs give up?
That question varies a lot. It depends on a numerous amount of things like how hard of a life the engine had, the maintenance, etc. My Vortec 350 blew a head gasket at 161k miles (my truck has been towing and hauling sh*t all its life, plus poor maintenance), I replaced the motor because it costed the same price as fixing the head gasket. At 290k miles, sounds like that motor had a good run. Definitely time to start saving up for a new motor. I bought my 350 long block from JEGS. https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/12681432/10002/-1

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That question varies a lot. It depends on a numerous amount of things like how hard of a life the engine had, the maintenance, etc. My Vortec 350 blew a head gasket at 161k miles (my truck has been towing and hauling sh*t all its life, plus poor maintenance), I replaced the motor because it costed the same price as fixing the head gasket. At 290k miles, sounds like that motor had a good run. Definitely time to start saving up for a new motor. I bought my 350 long block from JEGS. https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/12681432/10002/-1
Gotcha