Bad alt and radiater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want all aluminum, go all aluminum. My recommendation would be a Vista Pro/Murray/Four Seasons 432285, which is the '91 454SS radiator with 2 1" cores. There are plenty of aluminum units, but you get what you pay for. Those that are custom fit for our trucks are expensive, and aren't going to cool any better than a stocker when hooked to a stock engine.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got an all aluminum radiator from radiatorexpress.com about 5 years ago and love it. If I remember correctly it was about the same price as an OE replacement from the local parts store.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not like I just want an expensive radiator , I just want one I don't have to change once a year.....
What would cause this to always leak in the same spot on the last four rads? truck ride to rough..to bouncy or just cheap ass parts........4 radiators and I replaced 3 so far gonna be 4 here soon................................
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the heads up on this.
http://radiatorexpress.com/product....Cooler+(34x17)&part_id=218644&aaia_id=1031555

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't argue with that price for all aluminum. If it always occurs at that tank seal I would suspect an issue with the core support or top plate being bent or putting too much pressure on that side of the rad. For them all to fail that soon in the same spot, something has to be wrong.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't argue with that price for all aluminum. If it always occurs at that tank seal I would suspect an issue with the core support or top plate being bent or putting too much pressure on that side of the rad. For them all to fail that soon in the same spot, something has to be wrong.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Im thinking of replacing all the rubber mounts for the rad when I change it out, Now I just have to locate them...........

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got an all aluminum radiator from radiatorexpress.com about 5 years ago and love it. If I remember correctly it was about the same price as an OE replacement from the local parts store.

Thanks for the info , I just placed my order..........Next I want to get that fan shroud kit!!

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got lucky and they had a distributor about 20 miles from me so I just went and picked it up.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and they had a distributor about 20 miles from me so I just went and picked it up.

Im not so lucky lol, but its ok... I don't plan on changing the rad till next weekend. I want to get new rubber mounts to go with the new install.. Sucks, I want to lower my truck but spending money on fixing it instead:naughty:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WELL.........................................................

Yesturday I replaced the alt and fixed the whine problem and then today after work I fire the truck only to find out I have a HUGE squeal coming from the front of the engine..........Nope its not the belt...............Its really hard to pin point where its coming from:Frustrated: