Bad alt and radiater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My reply from another thread:

Here's a little procedure for you:

First, remove the belt entirely and start the truck. If the squeak/whine is gone, you can be certain that it's coming from something driven by the accessory belt. If it's still present, look elsewhere.

If the noise is gone, it's time to track down its source. After you reinstall the belt, get a can of brake cleaner and a helper and start the truck. Have your helper hold it at the RPM where the noise is present, and use the brake cleaner with the straw installed to spray the bearing area of the idler and tensioner pulleys. Keep clear of the belt, fan, and pulleys! If the noise momentarily goes away after you spray the bearing, you have found your culprit and should replace it. If not, try the AC compressor in the same manner, spraying the clutch and bearing area. If the noise disappears, your clutch is the source of the issue and may need to be replaced. If you have no luck there, it leaves the PS pump, water pump, or possibly one of their pulleys. Inspect all grooved pulleys carefully. The bottom of the grooves should not be shiny. If they are, then the pulley is worn and is allowing the belt to ride in the bottom of the pulley instead of on the sides of the ribs. The only solution for this is to replace the pulley. This is usually what's wrong in situations where a new belt will quieten or eliminate the noise, only to have it come back days or weeks later. And, last but not least, if all else fails and you can't find a faulty component or bearing, try a new belt. Most modern designs from quality manufacturers like Dayco, Gates, and Goodyear are built to help eliminate noises and squeaks caused by slightly worn or misaligned pulleys. A whine from a power steering pump will usually worsen when you put a load on it. Turning the wheel back and forth slightly may exacerbate the whine and help you track it to its source. Good luck!

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it is the belt in a way. Looks like misalignment . That makes me feel better lol

Looks like when I changed my PS pump I didn't get the pulley back in its spot.
Tomorrow I will rent the installation kit and fix this problem........( I HOPE )

You must be registered for see images attach

Just needs to go back a lil bit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Ground pounding fire breathing Dragon of the IMCA Modified IPhone

Last edited: