Audio recommendations

Best option

• 2-way drivers

• New crossovers and drivers

• Replace current drivers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm... never had an issue with K&N filters before, but then again, I'm not the most experienced person in the world either. I'll look into getting another high flow filter (suggestions? how's that Amsoil filter treating you?), and I'll let my dad know about the MAF sensor. If the air filter was that filthy, I can't imagine the MAF is clean, especially considering the air filter wasn't properly installed. I'll have him pick up a can of CRC and give it a cleaning. I'll just add it to my tab lol.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm... never had an issue with K&N filters before, but then again, I'm not the most experienced person in the world either. I'll look into getting another high flow filter (suggestions? how's that Amsoil filter treating you?), and I'll let my dad know about the MAF sensor. If the air filter was that filthy, I can't imagine the MAF is clean, especially considering the air filter wasn't properly installed. I'll have him pick up a can of CRC and give it a cleaning. I'll just add it to my tab lol.

I only bought the Amsoil filter because the K&N intake I have uses a conical filter, and I couldn't find anything with the same dimensions and a paper element. So non-oiled foam was the next best thing, considering I can't find the box I put my factory intake in.

These stock intakes flow more than enough for our trucks with a standard paper filter. If I could find my factory intake, I'd rip the K&N crap out and put it back in with a standard paper filter. Paper is better at actually filtering than anything else, and "high flow" filters won't gain you any power or mileage. I run the factory intake and an ACDelco paper filter in my Suburban.

In regards to cleaning the MAF, make sure you ONLY use MAF sensor cleaner. It's very specifically labeled. Anything else can damage the sensor.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to admit, I was skeptical of what you two were saying regarding oiled media filters. I finally got around to doing the research and found this.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

I stand corrected, and now must go down to AutoZone to grab a new filter for both my truck, and my daily driver... What's a day without learning, huh?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: finally got the system "done" and running. The shop that built my box couldn't get the right carpet, so for now it's just painted, but it's installed. Once the installer is back in town from his vacation I'll have it carpeted, and it'll be finished finally. My final build sheet was much different than my initial one, I'll list the final build below.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X702 head unit
Kicker KXA 400.4 amp
Kicker KXA 800.1 amp
Infinity Primus 6.5 components
Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax
Kicker L7 Q-class 12" sub
Q-Logic kicker panels

Feel free to check out this video to see how it looks all installed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: finally got the system "done" and running. The shop that built my box couldn't get the right carpet, so for now it's just painted, but it's installed. Once the installer is back in town from his vacation I'll have it carpeted, and it'll be finished finally. My final build sheet was much different than my initial one, I'll list the final build below.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X702 head unit
Kicker KXA 400.4 amp
Kicker KXA 800.1 amp
Infinity Primus 6.5 components
Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax
Kicker L7 Q-class 12" sub
Q-Logic kicker panels

Feel free to check out this video to see how it looks all installed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You get a plus one on this simply for the E40 song...
Any opinion on the Q-Logic Kickers taking up a bit of room?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You get a plus one on this simply for the E40 song...
Any opinion on the Q-Logic Kickers taking up a bit of room?
For me, it wasn't an issue. I have a car with a back seat, and I have no kids, so I have no need for a truck with a back seat. That was the largest recommended size for that sub, and it's ported as well, so you could fit it into a much smaller box if you wanted. I was going for a balanced build, with the additional 6.5's in front, anything less would not be enough bass for my taste, and I hardly have a use for more. 2 10's is barely more cone area (roughly 157 for 2 10's, 144 for a 12 square) so unless you're going the route of 4 8's under the seat, or 2 12's in one if those sealed under seat boxes, you're not going to get that bass back there with the seat in place. I still have room for my girl and my dog and that's all I truly care about.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For me, it wasn't an issue. I have a car with a back seat, and I have no kids, so I have no need for a truck with a back seat. That was the largest recommended size for that sub, and it's ported as well, so you could fit it into a much smaller box if you wanted. I was going for a balanced build, with the additional 6.5's in front, anything less would not be enough bass for my taste, and I hardly have a use for more. 2 10's is barely more cone area (roughly 157 for 2 10's, 144 for a 12 square) so unless you're going the route of 4 8's under the seat, or 2 12's in one if those sealed under seat boxes, you're not going to get that bass back there with the seat in place. I still have room for my girl and my dog and that's all I truly care about.

I think you interpreted my question being about the sub box, and not the Q-logic Kicker panels you installed.
I am interested in the Q-Logic kicker pannels but was concerned it takes up a bit more room in the leg foot area.
My year did not have the speakers in the door available, and Only the 5x7 plates at the top, and I would like some better mid-bass, and the only reasonable solutions is the kick panel mounted speakers.

But regarding the sub info you provided....for my own truck - it is a 93 extended cab, and I do prefer to keep the seat for astetic reasons.
I am looking at two subs under the rear seat down firing, and going with a shallow mount sub that match the box size available.
I am just hessitant abouyt using a down fired sub, as I have never had one like that outside of my living room subs.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you interpreted my question being about the sub box, and not the Q-logic Kicker panels you installed.
I am interested in the Q-Logic kicker pannels but was concerned it takes up a bit more room in the leg foot area.
My year did not have the speakers in the door available, and Only the 5x7 plates at the top, and I would like some better mid-bass, and the only reasonable solutions is the kick panel mounted speakers.

But regarding the sub info you provided....for my own truck - it is a 93 extended cab, and I do prefer to keep the seat for astetic reasons.
I am looking at two subs under the rear seat down firing, and going with a shallow mount sub that match the box size available.
I am just hessitant abouyt using a down fired sub, as I have never had one like that outside of my living room subs.
You're absolutely right. There's so much legs
g9q xfr
room in these trucks, I'm 6'1 and they're not in the way. You do have to adjust the emergency brake pedal, and the slot for the hood release needed to be widened, but other than that it's a solid addition. Be aware that a set of 6.5" speakers fits, but if the grilles are any wider than the speakers, you'll need to make some modifications. My car has the subs up firing, the truck has it down firing, I don't notice a difference with my setup, but I have tons of air flow below the box in my truck. All a speaker needs to make sound is unimpeded access to air. Make sure you have some space between the floor and the subs at full excursion and you'll be fine. Bass is less directional than higher frequencies, so there's a difference in how your subs are positioned, but not as much as mids and tweets.

Thanks for the comment on song selection as well.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. There's so much legs
g9q xfr
room in these trucks, I'm 6'1 and they're not in the way. You do have to adjust the emergency brake pedal, and the slot for the hood release needed to be widened, but other than that it's a solid addition. Be aware that a set of 6.5" speakers fits, but if the grilles are any wider than the speakers, you'll need to make some modifications. My car has the subs up firing, the truck has it down firing, I don't notice a difference with my setup, but I have tons of air flow below the box in my truck. All a speaker needs to make sound is unimpeded access to air. Make sure you have some space between the floor and the subs at full excursion and you'll be fine. Bass is less directional than higher frequencies, so there's a difference in how your subs are positioned, but not as much as mids and tweets.

Thanks for the comment on song selection as well.

Good info, I am gonna look into getting a set of the kick panels first.
Thanks

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems like a lot of time, money and effort just to play rap. Couldn't you get by with a mono amp and a 15" subwoofer?

You must be registered for see images attach