Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the end of the Thanksgiving weekend and I've got a little time to post an update.

We haven't recevied a date from our new supplier as to when they'll be able to fulfill a 25-pair order, because they are waiting on Arteb. I get the impression that, for (low-volume?) products like the GMT400 headlights, Arteb isn't as prompt to fill orders. As our supplier told us, "it could be weeks or it could be months". So Carlos and I are in a holding pattern. For all we know, Arteb waits until there are enough outstanding orders that it justifies building and shipping the product.

This isn't to say we couldn't find headlights if we needed them, but we would have to buy elsewhere and pay accordingly.

Meanwhile, Carlos has not received ANY credible confirmation that Arteb's GMT400 products (headlights, taillights) are at End-of-Life, e.g., see the first post in this thread; in fact, since then, Carlos has been told by credible sources that Arteb will continue to build as long there is demand... however long that might be.

Happy Holidays :patriot:

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
It's the end of the Thanksgiving weekend and I've got a little time to post an update.

We haven't recevied a date from our new supplier as to when they'll be able to fulfill a 25-pair order, because they are waiting on Arteb. I get the impression that, for (low-volume?) products like the GMT400 headlights, Arteb isn't as prompt to fill orders. As our supplier told us, "it could be weeks or it could be months". So Carlos and I are in a holding pattern. For all we know, Arteb waits until there are enough outstanding orders that it justifies building and shipping the product.

This isn't to say we couldn't find headlights if we needed them, but we would have to buy elsewhere and pay accordingly.

Meanwhile, Carlos has not received ANY credible confirmation that Arteb's GMT400 products (headlights, taillights) are at End-of-Life, e.g., see the first post in this thread; in fact, since then, Carlos has been told by credible sources that Arteb will continue to build as long there is demand... however long that might be.

Happy Holidays :patriot:
Sub,
Thank you for the update and working this. It is much appreciated. I guess we wait.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's clear that we don't plan to have any Arteb headlights on-hand until our large order materializes with our new supplier. Once that happens, we'll have headlights handy for immediate shipment and at a VERY GOOD price.

However, we can still get the Arteb headlights elsewhere, but at a less favorable price... back of the napkin, delivered, US$345 or so. Those of you who have been watching this for a while will remember that earlier in 2023 we needed around US$420 for a pair (and well before then we managed to deliver for around $296/pr). Lately, in the process of shopping for better pricing / a new supplier, we've found a third supplier whose pricing would enable US$345 (or so). I'm not terribly impressed with that price; it's better than the US$420, yeah, but it's not as good as we expect to achieve.

The only reason I'm mentioning this today is that, if someone really wants a pair, they're available, but the pricing will not be the best (around US$345). Too, the delivery time (from "order" to "doorstep") would be perhaps a month and possibly two.

I'm not trying to chum the waters, I'm just laying this out there. PM me for more info, but I will not be offended if I hear from no one.

For reference ... and I have to be careful about tossing numbers around because we've not completed an order with our new supplier yet and the exchange rate's a moving target ... I'm hoping to achieve delivered-to-US pricing in the US$250-300 range. I would be happier than a pig in slop to deliver in that $$ range :patriot: Heck, back around 2005 Dad damaged a headlight on his 1998 Suburban (which is now mine) and paid the dealer about $250 for one new OEM replacement... $250, almost 20yrs ago. Can you say "mucho dinero"?

Last edited:

Single_handed

Reaction score
I’d be interested in 2 pair as I have 2 1994’s. A K2500 burb and a C1500 pickup. I don’t frequent the site often, but I do need lights For them as i feel like I’m driving by candles when I switch vic’s from my Jeep’s LED’s.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in 2 pair as I have 2 1994’s. A K2500 burb and a C1500 pickup. I don’t frequent the site often, but I do need lights For them as i feel like I’m driving by candles when I switch vic’s from my Jeep’s LED’s.

I haven't posted an update in a little while, but little has changed; we're still waiting for Arteb to run another build cycle of the GMT400 headlamps.

Carlos has been in touch with various people in the marketing chain and reportedly stock of GMT400 headlights has recently reached zero at some of the distributors. Carlos has also received a firm statement that Arteb will run another build cycle; what we don't yet know is when Arteb will place that build into the production schedule.

:popcorn: