ARE bed cover key..... where can i find key code and get a new key made? or new lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i just got this at my local junk yard this morning which i think was a great find! 100bucks for it which is a great deal even without the key. i looked all over the wrecked truck but the key was not found :(
also the lock cylinder does look it got hit by something. so not even sure the right key would go into it or not if i did find where the key code was located. its not numbered on the outter lock like most locks are.
i looked around the lock cylinder and cannt find any numbers around it. anybody know where the lock code should be or where i can get a new key or new lock cylinder cheap enough?

and yes thats how i got it home.LOL sucked i had to go out and buy new tie down straps because i left mine at home to far away. and news papers was to keep the ratchet part from scratching my truck ;) WORKED GREAT. LMAO

so now i got 3 different bed covers. ;) soft cover, fiberglass tono cover, camper shell cover.LOL what can i say i like options.... dont think i wanna sell any of them.

just gotta paint this sucker to match and get a new lock or key made. might be easier to just replace the lock cylinder. and then ill slap it on my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
What if you contact ARE and give them that number, maybe that will help?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i tried emailing them with my last cover with no luck. and my local ARE dealer guy is dumb as hell and when i finally got him to order the right part it was like 40bucks more than i found online later. :( hoping to find a place online i can order parts but so far i havent found any with the lock i need yet.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a locksmith company should be able to make you key and see if that works. Its a pretty penny I believe.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just bought one too i dont have any keys either mine dont say what manufacturer it is but it has a number plate on the inside

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Nice cover...but whats with the ad for selling the truck if you are still picking up goodies for it?

LMAO its a addiction. ill always buy parts on the cheap when i can. trust me i thought about selling the cover as-is for 350 for a quick flip BUT i cannt make up my mind what i want to keep on my truck... i lifed my soft cover cause it could come off in seconds BUT anyone can take it off in seconds as well and steal my tools and such out the bed just as easy. so this fiberglass cover would be nicer for protecting my tools and such!
so i may just sell my old soft tono cover and just keep these two covers. tho ill probably rock this one alot more than my camper now.