Apache Silverado?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm primarily a Pontiac guy even though I've owned at least one from each of the big three American car manufacturers.
I'm currently restoring a 1969 GTO with a 400/TH400/3.55 posi. The 400 is basically a stock 350HP. "Restoring" might not be the correct term, more like "restomod".
It's going to take me awhile. Cash flow is a lot tighter now than it used to be.
The '69 will be the fourth GTO I've owned in my lifetime. I've also owned a '65, a '70, and a '74.

Other makes I've owned include a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1966 Corvette Convrt., 1971 'Cuda with a 499 stroker in it, a '69 and a '70 340 Darts, a 1971 Vega GT wagon with a 350HP 327 in it, just to name a few.
I guess I've been pretty fortunate, but when you get the Hot Rod bug at an early age like I did, you'd gravitate to cars like that also. Life wouldn't be complete with them.

One of my oldest friends, known each other since we were 12, had a factory original '66 Nova SS 327/350hp, Muncie, 3.73 posi. Butternut yellow. The sleeper of all sleepers in '66! Hemi killers! He bought it in '74. We were just kids!
Funny thing is, it was me that found the ad, & I had always liked that body style. He had had a '69 before, so that's the style he liked. But I need a ride to look at it. For some reason, I wasn't sure. Walked away. It was a lot of money. $3000.00(!!!)
So I had decided against the car and was gonna keep looking. Buddy asks if I was sure?. Yup.
He went back & bought it the next day! For...(ready?)...$2200.00! Aaaarrrggghhh!
He owned it for 33 years.
I ended up buying a '70 Nova L78 four gear 6 years after he bought the '66. We ended up trading our likes of body styles! But I still like those '66/'67's!
And yea, He could kick my BBC's ass at will! Damn it!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
To keep this from being a thread jack, how about a "Pontiac Cheyenne" (though one is an Ottawan Chief and the other is an entirely different tribe...) I called it the "Big Chief", since Pontiac already had a Chieftan. Dug up a couple pics. Short story is that I got run off into a culvert and bent the frame at the bed, then blew the 305s head gaskets a couple weeks later. I had a 400 sitting on a stand for my Trans Am, but needed the truck for work, so... I got a (free) donor frame and built the engine on it, then dropped the body on. Who knew Pontiac blocks drop right in where a Chevy straight six went?
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks pretty cool! Pontiac and Chevrolet motors are more similar than a lot of people realize. Just watch the firing order! My cousin almost blew up grandma ' s 68 Tempest 350 when he forgot that. Wish I had been able to get that car, or been able to preserve our 70 LeMans. 4 door sedan, gold and white, 350 2bbl.,turbo 350, that car thought it was a GTO!