Anzo 511032 Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geronimo77

Reaction score
Hello all,
Long time forum browser but first time posting. I have a 1991 Chevrolet K1500 Single Cab Stepside. I looked for an exterior lighting thread but couldn’t find one so I hope I’m posting this in the right location.

I recent purchased a set of Anzo 511032 parking lights and the install seems straight forward enough but when I go to put the lenses back into the grill the bulb sockets bottom out on the grill support. I’ve double checked my part numbers and looked for install solutions online to no avail. Has an one experienced this issue before? Do I have the wrong lenses or are there different bulb sockets that I may need? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
May sound like a stupid question but are you 100% certain you installed them on the correct sides? The bulb sockets should be facing forward, not angled when you install the housings.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those are 1994-1998 style housings you're putting into a 1988-1993 grille. Do you still have the plastic spacers in place that go between the housings and grille? You most likely need them.

Richard

Geronimo77

Reaction score
Those are 1994-1998 style housings you're putting into a 1988-1993 grille. Do you still have the plastic spacers in place that go between the housings and grille? You most likely need them.

Richard
Hmmm... If they were on the truck the previous owner must have taken them off at some point because there are no spacers behind them. Is there anywhere to buy aftermarket spacers? Or parking lights intended for the earlier models?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Richard

This was my first thought as well.

Hmmm... If they were on the truck the previous owner must have taken them off at some point because there are no spacers behind them. Is there anywhere to buy aftermarket spacers? Or parking lights intended for the earlier models?

The spacers are GM part number 15622475. Discontinued, unfortunately. LMC Truck has them though. Part number 7 on this diagram.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/parklight/cd-1990-93-parklight-composite

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You pretty much need the spacers regardless of which style housings you use. What was on there previously that didn't have fitment issues?

I have to confess I'm a much bigger fan of the 1994-up grille design so I haven't played around too much with the 88-93 grilles other than to convert those trucks to the newer style.. but those spacers were there for that reason, so the sockets wouldn't bump the core support, even with the original housings. They just pop in there so they may have fallen out.

Oh, and the original screws for the old design housings are the longer stainless torx headed screws. I always saved those and put them in my door sill plastics. :)

Richard

Geronimo77

Reaction score
It was the spacers. There were flat plastic pieces for the screws to catch that were flush with the mounting plastic. I took them out and replaced them with the spacers I purchased and they fit great. My light are now more flush and not as recessed. Thanks for all the help.