Anyone know what this thing is for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cousin just bought an old bishman air jack and no one knows what this red tube with a square plate is for. Any one here have a clue?

You must be registered for see images attach

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an extension so if you have the vehicle up on a lift it can hold up a drain pan or just hold something up while being bolted on

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There should be a air line hook up on it some where like my old one had, the bottom square tube should have some mounts, looks like you have one laying on the floor next to It those slide on the square tube and you can use it to lift from a hitch on the back of your pickup. The long red rod you use when the truck is on a hoist to support the rear end, help remove fuel tank, pretty much anything you need to drop out of your pickup.

I will give you a piece of advise, haul it to the scrap yard like I did with mine. They are really sketchy, the air ram wont go up or down smoothly, mine was really jerky, they tip over. Just scary pieces of equipment.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a air line hook up on it some where like my old one had, the bottom square tube should have some mounts, looks like you have one laying on the floor next to It those slide on the square tube and you can use it to lift from a hitch on the back of your pickup. The long red rod you use when the truck is on a hoist to support the rear end, help remove fuel tank, pretty much anything you need to drop out of your pickup.

I will give you a piece of advise, haul it to the scrap yard like I did with mine. They are really sketchy, the air ram wont go up or down smoothly, mine was really jerky, they tip over. Just scary pieces of equipment.

I know how to operate it, i just wanted to know what the red thing was for. Is for my cousins dirt track car.