anybody use these spindles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 has belltech spindles, & yes they moved the wheels out .5". Didn't know that the DJM's did not do that, until I found this forum. My '97 has the spindles from this Co. http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/. I bought the complete 2/4 drop from them. The spindles are manufactured at the same plant as the Belltech's. (re-branded) I bought those because the main office for Canuck Motorsports is about 2 miles from where I live. Plus the warranty is pretty good, & the price was right.
The only prob. that I had was that the right spindle had not been pushed far enough into the knuckle, and made the install of the outer bearing/rotor impossible. In the manufacturing process, the knuckle is heated up, & the spindle is frozen, then assembled. I can attest to the strength that these spindles have, as we tried pushing the two parts together in a commercial press, (5 ton) plus heat. (with the blessing of CMS. They told me that if we broke it, they'd replace it. If we couldn't fix it, they'd replace it. Win-win.) We actually reached the limits of the press! No-one in the shop wanted to get near that press when we had max pressure on it!
CMS replaced it. No questions.
On my '98, with the offset of the 20" Boss 338's, 255/45 Toyo Proxes II's, + a 4" drop, & a bit of a roll on the fender lips, the prob. of rubbing is virtually non-existant. Yet, on the '97, with a 2" drop, factory SS wheels, & 275/60-15's, the rubbing issue has been a bigger prob. It needed the fender lips to be rolled a lot more than the other truck.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had 2.5" western chassis on my 78 for about 12 yrs or so. No issues at all, don't know if they make a set for a 400 though