Has anyone used these housings for the quad headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I know LMC Truck has headlights for the quad design that do have removable bulbs: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=65

Since the LMC lights have a glare cap, you could modify a 9012 bulb in there for more light.

The lights you listed are not OK for HID's or LEDs. HIDs in halogen housings will create a blinding glare and a crappy pattern, if that's what you were planning to do.

Last edited:

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Sounds petty but it irritates me LMC doesn't take Paypal or I would have likely already bought those. I have no plans for LED or HID lights. I'm worried since it's the same housing the cut offs on the low beams won't be there and I'll blind oncoming traffic.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm worried since it's the same housing the cut offs on the low beams won't be there and I'll blind oncoming traffic.

Your instincts are correct IMO. I wouldn't put those eBay lights on anything I own personally. If they're not differentiating between highs and lows in the listing then chances are it's the same part. You'd probably be a lot better off with the LMC housings.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 88 c1500 when you turn on the high beams, the low beams shut off. The "brights" are just aimed higher.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On my 88 c1500 when you turn on the high beams, the low beams shut off. The "brights" are just aimed higher.

If you're using the factory sealed beams then there are differences in the lens and reflectors between highs and lows. Might be hard to detect just by looking at the housings, but it's there. The H4703 low beams have a more defined cut-off line for the light output (and draw 10W less power than the high beams).

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
The "brights" are just aimed higher.

That's not true in a factory application or DOT parts. The bulbs are different part numbers with different light patterns from the internal reflection.

Your instincts are correct IMO. I wouldn't put those eBay lights on anything I own personally. If they're not differentiating between highs and lows in the listing then chances are it's the same part. You'd probably be a lot better off with the LMC housings.

I'm thinking you're right. I'm just trying to make sure I've covered all my options. There is a post here with a lot of information on the Bosch lenses and such but I wasn't sure if things changed since then as far as parts availability.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know, same part # and they both have connectors with 2 blades.

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1988/chevrolet/c1500/hardware/headlight_bulb.html

Here's a kit to change the low beams going out with high beams going on

http://www.lmctruck.com/product-videos/easy-improvements.htm

I'm not sure what the deal is with the bulbs in that Parts Geek listing, but they are not the factory part numbers. As I mentioned earlier, the factory part numbers are H4701 (high beams, 65W) and H4703 (low beams, 55W).

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll have to check them out to see if I mistakenly installed the wrong ones, I don't get out much at night anymore, LOL.