Has anyone used these housings for the quad headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Scroll down, the ones at the top are for the WT set up and listed as two lights. If you go lower it's for the four light system and has different numbers for high and low.

I can't find a real comparison between the H4703 sealed beam and the 9005 composites. I get lots of guys outright dismissing the sealed beam saying it sucks but how does it actually compare? I remember changing a lot of sealed beams but I sure don't remember how they compare to newer stuff. Anything online showing the actual difference?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scroll down, the ones at the top are for the WT set up and listed as two lights. If you go lower it's for the four light system and has different numbers for high and low.

I can't find a real comparison between the H4703 sealed beam and the 9005 composites. I get lots of guys outright dismissing the sealed beam saying it sucks but how does it actually compare? I remember changing a lot of sealed beams but I sure don't remember how they compare to newer stuff. Anything online showing the actual difference?

I can't speak to any actual data... But I emailed Daniel Stern recently, who is an automotive lighting engineer or some such sorcery. I asked him about the best possible lighting upgrades for these trucks and converting to the quad sealed beams came up in conversation. In his opinion they were inferior to the composite housings but only marginally from what I inferred.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note though, if you do email him and mention you're going to use those LMC housings, he'll probably tell you not to. Reason being that the 9005 and 9006 bulbs will put the filament in a different location than the standard sealed beams. I'm sure he'd probably recommend sticking to standard H4701 and H4703s.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He seems to think everything sucks but the WT set up

Considering the technology available he's not wrong. The TruckLite/GE/JW Speaker 4"x6" LED housings are miles ahead of any of the other options for these trucks. He can be stand-offish especially if you seem set on doing something he wouldn't recommend, but he's got a lot of good information. Probably the nerd in me but I went back and forth with him several times and enjoyed the conversation.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side note though, if you do email him and mention you're going to use those LMC housings, he'll probably tell you not to. Reason being that the 9005 and 9006 bulbs will put the filament in a different location than the standard sealed beams. I'm sure he'd probably recommend sticking to standard H4701 and H4703s.

There have been a few members who have used the lmc housings with I believe the 9005 / 9006 or 9011 / 9012 setups. @83GMCK2500

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There have been a few members who have used the lmc housings with I believe the 9005 / 9006 or 9011 / 9012 setups. @83GMCK2500

Oh yeah, I'm sure they work fine. I was just guessing as to what Daniel Stern would have to say about the LMC quad housings. He's not a fan of any aftermarket housings for these trucks other than the TruckLite style LED ones. He's in the OEM or nothing camp unless there's something undeniably better.

Personally I'm just glad to see someone who doesn't want to blind other motorists by throwing LEDs/HIDs into halogen reflector housings or some other inconsiderate equipment choice. Kudos to @Knuckle Dragger for not wanting to be that guy.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Considering the technology available he's not wrong. The TruckLite/GE/JW Speaker 4"x6" LED housings are miles ahead of any of the other options for these trucks. He can be stand-offish especially if you seem set on doing something he wouldn't recommend, but he's got a lot of good information. Probably the nerd in me but I went back and forth with him several times and enjoyed the conversation.

I've been around cars for a long long time. I restored a Corvair at 19 years old, I love cars as a hobby and fixing them for other people has paid the bills the last 30+ years. I have no issue with learning something and I always want to make sure I understand what I'm modifying. This guys response was almost literally those suck don't do it. No science or theory on why they suck. I appreciate the fact he took the time to respond, but the way I came up if it sucks there should be some demonstrable facts involved. The response I got from him seemed more emotional then anything.

In a perfect world I'll come across the Bosch stuff. There was a guy on eBay that sold 200 of those low beams in January I just missed out on. If I'm ready to jump and haven't come across some of those I'll likely go with the LMC stuff. No way I'm going to change the whole look of my truck and go with a WT grill to accommodate different headlights.

Last edited: