ANY 73-87 EXPERTS HERE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that would be great but by time ya got to michigan from texas all the beer would be gone and id probably have the damn door cut off with the torches haha.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to mess with my locks much. Have you tried some wd40 or similar? Maybe something is just gummed up

Edit: I see you tried that already. You could look in the diagrams in the lmc catalog, might give you an idea of where its jammed.....

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WFO, that would work too, how do i give ya some rep power? i appreciate your help. and ya bluex, i lubed everything hopin something was just froze up and not broke, the lmc catalog is handy for this stuff but i cant find my catalog for the old trucks.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see the diagrams on line too, if they will help....

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had this happen on several 73-87's I've owned, what I have done is use my left hand and push the button on the outside handle and pull up on the lock knob at the same time, sometimes it takes a few minutes of doing it, but they have always come back up.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im only seeing the little star on my own posts, wtf?