ANY 73-87 EXPERTS HERE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know its not our body style trucks that this forum is for but just lookin for some help if anybody still works on them or remembers from back in the day. the door lock knob on my 1976 k25 got pushed down and now i cant get the door unlocked. got the door panel off and pulled on the rod with pliers and nothing will budge, can see various parts move a little and tried moving the other rods/levers by hand but wont unlock. the key lock outside has been froze up so thats no help either.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
is the lock knob below the window seal? if so then make sure it will clear the little hole thats there for it. sometimes it'll get hung up. also make sure it's greased up really good and that all the little plastic rivits are not broken.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
on all my oobs's when the lock mechcanism jams I just depress the door handle a couple times and that usually frees em up . If everything is frozen like your saying you might have a bigger problem though but its worth a shot .

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
on all my oobs's when the lock mechcanism jams I just depress the door handle a couple times and that usually frees em up . If everything is frozen like your saying you might have a bigger problem though but its worth a shot .
yeah as it sees more Bdays, the plastic rivits wear out. so ya gotta "jiggle the handle" to fix it.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive lubed the crap out of it trying to get something to free up but no luck yet. the screw on knob is off along with the dood panel so the rod is free in the hole that it comes up through the door in. ive tried repeatedly pushing the button outside and pulling the lever inside while pullin up on the lock rod but it just seems to flex a little with no real movement.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, thanks a bunch for the help ill get at it again tomarrow and see what i can figure out