Another SAS (98slv)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
holy cow, mabye I should take them off the truck tomorrow... I'm not sure if they they are true 16.1 wheels, the tires are 16.1 but not sure of the wheels. They are like 16-18inches wide and are manufactured that way, not cut and spaced so I'm guessing that they are 16.1 and not a 16. Also not sure about the engine, don't really know if its a 400 or a 460 so need to do some research on that and not sure what the transfer case is.

SAS plans are Fabworx brackets (4inches of lift,) 6inch lift 52inch rear springs, I believe the front axle is 4.10 the tag says so anyway, FF14 bolt rear also 4.10, Fabworx dual shock hoops, and Off Road Design cross over steering, maybe a tracbar everyone's been talking about them lately so I've been second guessing not using one. I'll figure out tires later on. Considering this won't get done until the end of the year, I need to save my money up

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
holy cow, mabye I should take them off the truck tomorrow... I'm not sure if they they are true 16.1 wheels, the tires are 16.1 but not sure of the wheels. They are like 16-18inches wide and are manufactured that way, not cut and spaced so I'm guessing that they are 16.1 and not a 16. Also not sure about the engine, don't really know if its a 400 or a 460 so need to do some research on that and not sure what the transfer case is.

SAS plans are Fabworx brackets (4inches of lift,) 6inch lift 52inch rear springs, I believe the front axle is 4.10 the tag says so anyway, FF14 bolt rear also 4.10, Fabworx dual shock hoops, and Off Road Design cross over steering, maybe a tracbar everyone's been talking about them lately so I've been second guessing not using one. I'll figure out tires later on. Considering this won't get done until the end of the year, I need to save my money up

since you are talking about 14" lift you will need a track bar for sure, a 2wd trans and divorced 205 is something else you also need to do with that much lift on a short box reg cab or you will have a heck of a time hooking up a front shaft with that kind of angle, it may hook up now with your t-case but you will need limit chains to keep the axle from drooping further and binding joints, you may get lucky and that donor truck have the divorced 205, usually they were found on the highboy trucks

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had pretty good luck with the front driveshaft running 15" of lift on this truck with a low pinion D60. If anything, clock the transfer case down a few degrees and roll with it. But, with a high pinion D60; you'll probably be fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Small point, but he mentioned 10 inches of lift was the target.

Got pics of the engine?

a 460 is visually distinguishable from a 400....

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sas brackets give you 4", 6" lift 52" rears up front give you about 10" so he will be about 14"

Not my brackets... They only give about 1" of lift. With factory springs and a zero rate, there is ~5-6" of lift achieved. Look at my truck and the Big Blue Bus Tahoe.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Not my brackets... They only give about 1" of lift. With factory springs and a zero rate, there is ~5-6" of lift achieved. Look at my truck and the Big Blue Bus Tahoe.

stock 52's give 4" lift, he is planning 6" lift 52's so that is 10 by itself and he is using fabworx brackets which are another 4" lift