Another SAS (98slv)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well picked up a SAS donor truck this morning. Its a 79' F350 Custom 351m/4-speed manual, wrecker boom with 10k winch, new in box Bandlands? 12k winch, 36x12.50 Military tires and some big A$$ tractor tires (44x20x16) HP Dana 60 front, 60 rear. Starts and runs as soon as you hit the key, clutch works good. He tried just stacking springs under it to get clearance for the tractor tires, but after that the spring pack is so tall it won't allow the steering arm to turn like it should, plus its still not anywhere near tall enough. I can turn left all day long but have no right because the steering arm hits the u-bolt holding the spring pack together. Rust holes in the frame and cab floor is rusted out. PO put roofing shingles under the rubber floor mat, between it and the rusted sheet metal.

some pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
This is gonna be sweet! I just seen a 79' f350 for sale on another forum i go on. The guy was parting it out, and wanted $1200 for the ford dana 60. :hum:

edit: for some reason, i really like the way that crane/tow bed looks. Not that i would ever want something like that on my truck, but i think it looks sweet

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
do you have the correct 16.1 rims or did the last guy just put them on 16's?, they should be on 16.1x 18 wide, they are a bit much for a stock 60 to handle especially with the earlier neck down shafts so i hope it was upgraded to cro-mo as you really should run rockwells to have them all around, i run those same goodyear 21.5x16.1 on the rear with cut tsl front and goes through everything, they do suck a ton of hp so i hope your motor and gearing is up to it or you will be disappointed

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to run those tires... I'm shooting for ten inches of lift, no motor upgrades, and still needs to be road ready. It'll be the green truck thats getting it, its went through three substantial wrecks within the last year and been rebuilt so it kinda needs this (the wheel base is an inch shorter on the left now....) Not sure what I'm going to do with everything yet, I just knew that considering everything that I got, it was well worth the $1800 i gave for it...

I have a guy that may buy it for a feed/farm truck after I get the axle out because he has a D44 to go in its place. Or I may try parting it all out.

EDIT: also got a title with it.