Another old man with an old truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greetings,

New to the site and thought I'd throw up a photo of Das Boat.
The original 454 got tired and has just been replaced with a healthy 496 with 450/500, which I must confess, I am enjoying.

Could use some advice from folks on running non-LT tires on 3/4 tons (like Nitto 420S) - I want low profile street tires <32" diameter, as this truck hardly every tows.
The BFG AT TA's tread is to aggressive for what I want so I'll keep them as a working/winter tire and look for a new set of wheels for summer.
Running 20x10 with LT 305/55R20 at the moment and would like to run 20x12 and 305/50R20 but I am sure I don't have the clearance for the increased offset of the 20x12's
More research required !

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 60

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I have done quite a bit of work on this truck and learned a few tricks about the last of the vortec bb's along the way, so if I can help anyone by sharing what I learned, just ask. These 98 & 99 454's are like none of the previous versions and are close to a one off engine. Very hard to add go fast parts to so I had a custom roller all iron 496 built and then had the stock fuel system fitted with 42lb injectors and setup on a dyno. Nothing fancy but a nice strong motor that's happy on pump gas. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: