another MC and hydroboost question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manimal

Banned
Reaction score
I just spent an hr looking through page after page for this info, so here it goes.

I have a 94 2dr Yukon K1500 and a 93 K3500 srw. I want to install the hydroboost from the k3500 onto my Yukon. Do I use the k3500 master or do I need one for a k1500?
Another question, I have seen articles on swapping front calipers from a 2500/3500...does this apply to the K-series too? So, If I swap the front calipers and the hydroboost do I keep the 3500 master cylinder?
Thank You.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What front brakes do you have now? JB5? Look on the sticker in the glovebox.

The master cylinder you use will depend on the calipers you use. JB3, JB5, and JB6 all use low-drag calipers, which means you need a quick-takeup master cylinder (smaller diameter for JB3--but I think those brakes were discontinued in the early '90s.)

JB7, JD7, JB8 or JF9 are not low-drag calipers, so you don't use a quick takeup master cylinder. Bore size varies.

I know that calipers can interchange between JB3 and JB5/6. JB3 has smaller pistons. I don't know about the calipers from a 3500.

If you use the 3500 calipers, use the master they came with.