Another Marine Intake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've looked around at different places about the marine intake swap, but all they say is what has to be done to the intake to get it to work. But is there anything that needs to be done to the electrical system or is it still pretty much plug-and-play? Like, it there anything that needs to be done to the fuel injector plug (where it plugs into the top of the spider) to get it to work with the fuel rail system on the marine intake?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to cut off that plug an splice in the wires over to each injector.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I would think so. The PCM doesn't care if its SPFI or MPFI, only that it gets an injector signal.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you have to cut off that plug an splice in the wires over to each injector.
Wouldnt happen to have a wiring diagram for the conversion, would you? Or is it just as simple as taking one wire at a time?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
injector wire coloring:

You must be registered for see images attach

just lop that CSFI metering body connector off, and splice in the correct injector connectors that you'll be using (EV1, EV6, etc) all the pink are just 12V switched so it doesn't matter which one goes where, the different colored wires are the ground controls which are provided by the PCM for specific cylinders though, so you'll want to pay attention to those for the correct cylinders/etc. as long as you're using high impedence injectors, the PCM will be able to fire them....

remember though that different flowing injectors will require tuning at the PCM though.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would be considered a "stock" injector without tuning? Or is it more than just flow I'd have ti take into account?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Stock is 19, but if I remember correctly the PCM will adjust up to 24

Sent from the Rat powered LG

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, don't rely on O2 sensors to 'adjust' for larger injectors, it is not a reliable or accurate way to do it. the PCM should be tuned for 19# injectors (most injectors are tested at 3 bar and that is what numbers are reported typically, so at the L31's 4 bar system they're actually flowing like 22# or something). if you want NO tuning on the injectors, you should be looking at 19# injectors ONLY. the injectors that come with the marine intake are 24# injectors (which are more like 27# on a 4 bar system)...

however if you are doing modifications like the marine intake, the whole reason for doing that is to get larger injectors and be able to tune for them. if you're just looking at a stock replacement the marine intake is a bit of overkill...and MUCH heavier....or are you just looking for injectors that don't need tuning as a temporary solution while you're doing other mods or something? I'm just a little confused why you would go to all the trouble of a marine intake then not want to tune for it.