Am I the only one not logical?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and another illogical purchase. Don't buy pulled parts from eBay unless the pics and description are REALLY, REALLY good! I got two sun visors in the mail yesterday and they were worse off than my sagging sun visors I have now. The auction title said, "Nice". I would define them as mediocre. They'll be going back to the seller.
Now there's another 20 page thread on its own.

Reaction score
Lol.... because I really like annoying people, I like a challenge, my son has the truck just sitting there, even a down on power Hemi has more power than a tbi 350 had new, and lastly, to start conversations like this!!!! Lol. Unlikely I will do it, but have looked into it.
THINK LS!!! cheaper and better!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Ya, but where is the logic in that? Lol I will probably chicken out and not do it, but even the thought of it riles some people up.
Like the '69 Dodge Charger with the 2JZ engine on YouTube... makes EVERYONE angry! It's the needle in a haystack, holy grail inport engine in an iconic muscle car.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Speaking about the little screws that hold the plastic panels of our trucks, there is a website that allows you to buy them in bulk since most of them are metric

I have used them for years on various builds

I have about ~$100 in screws currently in my cart for almost every panel on my truck lol. When I get to it I'll be replacing the bed bolts too, but that is one of the last things to come off before body work. And yes I will be replacing them with stainless bolts, I do live in the rust belt lmao.

If i get time while working i'll start a list of the common bolt sizes on our trucks as well as the quantity required.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Logical is not what I think of when I look at my driveway. The most economical thing in my driveway is a 10 foot utility trailer followed by a 25 foot Load Trail utility trailer I got for $200 :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Three full size vehicles in the driveway, all of them take 93, at today's prices :oops: but two of them are the daily drivers (Silverado SS's) for my wife and I at ~14mpg best, then the "going out" ride (300 SRT8) maybe does 1 or 2 mpg better. Wouldn't give 'em up for anything; too much fun. I was seriously looking at a CL ad for a '99 C3500 crew longbed 7.4 the other night and the ONLY thing that squashed it is I know it can't fit in the garage, by at least 3'. "But, but, imagine it swapped for 1/2 ton suspension and slammed; it'd be so cool"...

Then I go to work and jump in a truck that gets about 8mpg - on 87, thankfully; and even more thankfully, on someone else's fuel bill. :)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking about the little screws that hold the plastic panels of our trucks, there is a website that allows you to buy them in bulk since most of them are metric

I have used them for years on various builds

I have about ~$100 in screws currently in my cart for almost every panel on my truck lol. When I get to it I'll be replacing the bed bolts too, but that is one of the last things to come off before body work. And yes I will be replacing them with stainless bolts, I do live in the rust belt lmao.

If i get time while working i'll start a list of the common bolt sizes on our trucks as well as the quantity required.
Love places like this. Here in Houston we have Tifco Industries which I discovered more than 15 years ago when rebuilding my '92 ECLB Caddy truck from being stolen/stripped. I had to re-install the Chevy clip, thankfully I'd hung onto it, and needed all the clip nuts, body bolts, etc. and Tifco had everything in stock, in bulk packages, instead of going to 10 different auto parts and spending a fortune on crummy Dorman package hardware. More amazingly Tifco is a HUGE place and I felt like a chump standing at the will call desk for $50 of bolts, but they still sent a sales rep out to chat with me and gave me their phone book-sized catalog, treated me nice like I was any regular account. Impressive.

Another one I've seen but haven't done business with yet is Clips & Fasteners; the Mopar guys seem to use them a lot for the plastic push pin type stuff that holds the bumpers etc. on a lot of late model Mopar stuff but they also have a wide variety of automotive fasteners across multiple brands.

Richard