Am I the only one not logical?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, but where is the logic in that? Lol I will probably chicken out and not do it, but even the thought of it riles some people up.
I'm still kicking myself that I don't currently have shop space to play in. I've got this wrecked 300 SRT8 sitting in a storage unit costing me money each month.. and nothing but flakes and dreamers bugging me constantly, lowballing me, etc. when clearly none of them have priced out what a strong running 6.1 hemi costs to buy on its own, nevermind in a handy package along with harnesses, computers, transmission, Brembo brakes, and more..

I still find myself looking at ads for late 50's/early 60's Chevy/GMC trucks, and thinking, hey that'd be a nice hemi swap..

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still kicking myself that I don't currently have shop space to play in. I've got this wrecked 300 SRT8 sitting in a storage unit costing me money each month.. and nothing but flakes and dreamers bugging me constantly, lowballing me, etc. when clearly none of them have priced out what a strong running 6.1 hemi costs to buy on its own, nevermind in a handy package along with harnesses, computers, transmission, Brembo brakes, and more..

I still find myself looking at ads for late 50's/early 60's Chevy/GMC trucks, and thinking, hey that'd be a nice hemi swap..

Richard
Convince @0xDEADBEEF he needs to trade what he's putting in his Dodge!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alot of factory hardware available by at Auveco, hardware is listed by manufacturer ie, Ford, GM, Chrysler, and so on. What's interesting is how many OE manufacturers are using the exact same parts, not all are unique to one builder. Many parts can be found by OE part number in their catalog. I have gotten the plastic barbs for door upholstery, and other push type for external flexible splash shields, liners. Good luck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got something in the mail today that I feel is a good fit for this thread. :biggrin:

A little backstory... For the past few years I've had two GMC 1500 door emblems saved in my Amazon wish list, GM part number 15551233, the ones with the tabs for use with body molding. The GMC lettering on the factory ones my Suburban has have faded from red to silver, so I wanted to have a nice set in case I ever manage to fix all the rust and paint the 'burb. Well one day recently they disappeared from my wish list. I did a little investigation and it turns out GM discontinued them. (Thanks to @MrPink for confirming that suspicion, BTW) So the logical choice would probably be to just delete them from the wish list entirely and not worry about it until I get the Suburban painted someday, right? Yeah, I didn't do that. :lol:

I started frantically Googling and discovered that there were two of them still listed on eBay. One in a parts warehouse in Pennsylvania, and the other somewhere in the UK. I ended up spending over double what it would've cost me to buy them when they were still available on Amazon, but the one from the UK just showed up today and they're both in great shape. Mission accomplished! Now these get to sit on a shelf here instead of somewhere else.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will say this I may not have access to everything for much longer, as I am possibly going back to "dealer life" as it pays more.

Sad to hear that, but thanks for helping out while you have the ability. If you hadn't told me these emblems were showing zero dealer inventory nationwide I probably wouldn't have hunted them down so aggressively.

If GM Performance is looking for any janitors, let me know. :lol: Still willing to work for peanuts if it means I get to walk around the prototype rooms.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
let's just say for what i know and do all day we don't get nearly paid what we should. Since covid I haven't even been to the office which includes the GM proving grounds, and a ton of other super cool places. I have been passed over for 3 separate promotions and that is my main factor in wanting to change.