Alternative L31 Marine intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am about to test the other L31 Marine intake I just found and have on the way to me. I currently have the L31 Marine Crossram manifold on my engine. Heavily ported with the plenum opened up to match a 90mm throttle body. I have an Indmar high rise as well. Stated mocking it up and it ran into EVERYTHING. That intake will find its way onto the 383 in the old 1980 C10 when I rebuild that truck. I am hoping the new manifold will add a considerable amount of low-midrange torque over the crossram without hurting the HP.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How do you figure that'll add torque lower? Simply by not being "off" when compared to what you have now? I imagine the cross ram does well in the midrange?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you figure that'll add torque lower? Simply by not being "off" when compared to what you have now? I imagine the cross ram does well in the midrange?

I just think it can flow a little better which will allow it to breath better. The forward throttle body I feel starves the rear cylinders a bit. Also when you compare a 2bbl TBI on a dual plane manifold to an aftermarket crossfire dual single TBI manifold, the dual plane generally does a little better in torque. The Marine cross ram is rediculously similar in construction to a Renegade crossfire manifold. I messed with a Vette a while back that ran both setups as well as a single plane. The dual plane made the highest average torque from 1,500-4,000. Granted we are talking wet flow to dry flow but the intake doesn't drastically change characteristics wet vs dry either.