Airbag Went Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An airbag going off randomly is a huge issue.

Like, lawsuit and lawyers huge issue.

It doesn't matter if a vehicle is older than dirt, past warranty, blah blah blah, if you're driving and an airbag decides to go awol it could cause a serious accident. Not to mention if you had a driver's airbag go off randomly, you may require facial surgery from a busted nose or jaw.

As our trucks age, there seems to be electrical gremlins that start to become somewhat regular. I hope this is a one off issue.

An airbag deploying randomly has been on my list of unreasonable fears since I was a little kid. Maybe not unreasonable.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An airbag going off randomly is a huge issue.

Like, lawsuit and lawyers huge issue.

It doesn't matter if a vehicle is older than dirt, past warranty, blah blah blah, if you're driving and an airbag decides to go awol it could cause a serious accident. Not to mention if you had a driver's airbag go off randomly, you may require facial surgery from a busted nose or jaw.

As our trucks age, there seems to be electrical gremlins that start to become somewhat regular. I hope this is a one off issue.

An airbag deploying randomly has been on my list of unreasonable fears since I was a little kid. Maybe not unreasonable.
Yeah, that fact wasn't lost on me, that's why I'm going to spend the money to have the system checked to see exactly what went wrong.
You must be registered for see images attach

I ran to the junkyard yesterday and picked up a half decent dash.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Nice interior. When I was a kid, I didn't like "tan", but I love the richness of the nicer ones, now. Black (which often isn't a true black) is the newer trend, and I don't like it at all. Weird how tastes change.

Since I have a 3500, I don't have air bags. As someone mentioned, I'd likely use the pocket on the passenger side, like I see your new dash has. My truck is just for me, Though. I'm not hauling anyone else, so it's no issue.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice interior. When I was a kid, I didn't like "tan", but I love the richness of the nicer ones, now. Black (which often isn't a true black) is the newer trend, and I don't like it at all. Weird how tastes change.

Since I have a 3500, I don't have air bags. As someone mentioned, I'd likely use the pocket on the passenger side, like I see your new dash has. My truck is just for me, Though. I'm not hauling anyone else, so it's no issue.
Yeah, the Tan interior is part of what drew me towards the Blazer.

I might actually spray dye this new dash some other color but grey just to make it less boring (It's technically tan, but it looks like grey).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I got the dash out (in many pieces).

Maybe while I'm here I should I recover this headliner?

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah, the Tan interior is part of what drew me towards the Blazer.

I might actually spray dye this new dash some other color but grey just to make it less boring (It's technically tan, but it looks like grey).
I've noticed that as it ages, and especially if people smoked in the truck, that the 400/OBS gray interiors tend to get tannish. First '99 Burb had tan interior, this one has gray(both trucks are pewter outside). And Rawhide has the tan interior though it's cloth/velour instead of the leather. Side by side I can tell them apart, but on some things and materials the difference isn't as obvious.