Airbag Went Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't some (all?) of the ~1994 up though 1995 have the cubby there too? IIRC airbags weren't std on passenger side until 1996+.

Maybe OP can find a broader range of donor trucks.
‘94 is still the older style dash. ‘95/‘96 had the cupholders on the passenger side. ‘97 got air bags. 8600gvwr trucks had the cubby in the airbag spot.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen the airbag light in my Suburban come on once or twice but it hasn't done it in over a year now. Making me want to get out the Tech2 and scan it anyway... Wow!
Yeah.. nothing like having a bomb in your face the whole time you're driving, and its little warning light keeps flickering on and off telling you in a vague way there just might be an issue.

WARNING: Remain seated with safety belt fastened while handling Happy Fun Ball.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. nothing like having a bomb in your face the whole time you're driving, and its little warning light keeps flickering on and off telling you in a vague way there just might be an issue.

WARNING: Remain seated with safety belt fastened while handling Happy Fun Ball.

Richard
Warning: Sun too close to face

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Warning: Sun too close to face
Just to inspire a little good-hearted Ford hate, that picture is a close-up from my then-still-new 2016 F450SD. At only 26K miles the clockspring completely failed and the truck expectedly lost the airbag, horn, and steering wheel buttons for cruise control, radio, etc. Not cool. Symptoms before it failed were you'd be driving along and the radio volume would go full blast without warning, so I just learned to work with the radio off. When it finally gave up, turning the steering wheel made a rickety ratchet noise. Reminded me of the main bad dude in the "Taarna" segment of the Heavy Metal movie, when he's turning his little robot-hand thing at the wrist.

Took it to the nearest Ford dealer and explained to the service writer that the clockspring was bad. She immediately gave me a bunch of attitude and said they'd need to get the techs to look at it (understandable) and that I'd need to leave it with them and they'd get to it in a few days (unacceptable.) I politely explained that it's a work truck that runs 24-7 and can't be left sitting at their lot waiting to be worked on, and she snapped back at me, "I know what y'all do." .. guessing she's not a fan of the tow man.

Told her to stuff it in her ass and took it to a different dealer that replaced it the same day.

Richard

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yikes! Looks like it blew off some of the upper dash also. Yes, a cubby and one of those custom formed plastic dash covers (DashSkin, DashTop, LMC's Coverlay, etc) would be a lot cheaper/quicker than replacing an entire dash.

FYI - 8600# burbans in 98/99 had airbag no cubby (no knowledge on 97)

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Looks like it blew off some of the upper dash also. Yes, a cubby and one of those custom formed plastic dash covers would be a lot cheaper/quicker than replacing an entire dash.

FYI - 8600# burbans in 98/99 had airbag no cubby (no knowledge on 97)
Oh crikey. Yeah I see that hole on second glance. New dash it is.