Aftermarket replacement doors...anybody used them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
There is a guy near me with two brand new replacement doors still in the packaging for $75 each. Am I better off going to the junkyard and finding some clean used doors instead?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Boneyard and stay close as possible to your year model. The only issues IMO with used, original doors are two damage areas - the non-bushed hole at top of top hinge and bottom of bottom hinge, and chance of damage around the lock cylinder where people like to jam a screwdriver under to nail the lock pawl. It's a tricky area to repair well, so if it's not original paint, I'd be looking at it very hard to be sure it isn't loaded up with bondo right there.

Aftermarket body parts are always a gamble and something as important as how a door fits, I wouldn't even bother chancing it.

Richard

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have after markets on my truck. there is a noticeable difference in heft it seems and sound when you shut them. I don't have the doors fully loaded with all the goodies yet to really tell if it is as night and day difference as it is now. The ones I have seem ok to me. I was also told, there is no higher grade of after market doors than the other just fenders and such.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I only need the passenger side. The bottom is pretty bad where the weatherstripping was worn and cracked and water just went straight to the inside bottom of the door

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'm sure lmc sells them as well but rockauto sells replacement door skins for the bottom like your talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've noticed with the bottom door skin patches, the door distorts and you get a sag in it.