Aftermarket Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha OK, thanks. Are there ones that are of good quality?

Good quality projectors? Depends on your definition of "good quality." I have yet to come across any that I would call good by any stretch of the imagination. Am I saying that all projectors for these trucks are pure ****? No, but any that I've had any dealings with are. For me to call a projector good, it's going to have to fit properly, have a nice cutoff and a good beam spread. I have never seen any that meet all of those criteria. There might be some out there, but I've yet to see them and it's not worth the risk.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, i would have to say that my definition meets the same standards of yours.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only projectors that would be worth having are custom made, using like Acura TSX projectors retro fitted into OBS housings.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TSX housings in TYC lights?

I wouldn't waste a good set of TYCs for that. I'd get some lesser lights, but some that fit nicely. A friend of mine has a set of clear headlights on his truck that have glass lenses. I thought that if I ever get around to doing a projector retrofit, I'd probably go with those.

Clutch

Reaction score
How do you like the projectors? Would you recomend them? Can i see some pics of the cut off etc?

Like 1badgmc said there cheap projectors, there better than some I've seen in the past but nothing like a set of retrofitted one's. The light output seem to be better than the stock housings with hid's, but if I was to buy another set it would be some tyc's. The cutoff line seems to be pretty slim compaired to others and they make a starburst pattern below the cutoff, so no i wouldn't recommend them.

You must be registered for see images attach