Aftermarket heads & OEM accessory drive bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What, if any, aftermarket heads (prefer aluminum) are compatible with the OEM serpentine accessory drive bracket with no modifications necessary. Specifically the '90 version.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What, if any, aftermarket heads (prefer aluminum) are compatible with the OEM serpentine accessory drive bracket with no modifications necessary. Specifically the '90 version.
Pretty much any set of heads that have 5 bolt holes on one end and 3 on the other. Here's an example but, unfortunately these are NLA. They were rated for a flat tappet cam but, by swapping out springs foe a higher rate, you can go roller. Keep in mind you'll have to use a "length checker" push rod with any swap. You may also need hardened push rods (with guide plates) and different rockers (non-self centering) than your OE one.
You must be registered for see images attach

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much any set of heads that have 5 bolt holes on one end and 3 on the other. Here's an example but, unfortunately these are NLA. They were rated for a flat tappet cam but, by swapping out springs foe a higher rate, you can go roller. Keep in mind you'll have to use a "length checker" push rod with any swap. You may also need hardened push rods (with guide plates) and different rockers (non-self centering) than your OE one.

I wished that the Summit heads were still available. I should have bought them a few years ago when I was first considering this project. You snooze, you lose I guess. I do see a few with the number of bolt holes that you have shown in your picture, but the Blueprint heads I was also considering have just four on the one end. I'd really like to retain the factory accessories and drive bracket. I'll have to take a closer look next time I visit the truck, as it is currently stored at my daughter's house.