aftermarket carpet or vinyl floor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have given thought to replacing the carpet in my trucks with vinyl—soooo much easier to keep clean with a hose.

But I can see where vinyl could hold the moisture in and speed up the rust process........

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have given thought to replacing the carpet in my trucks with vinyl—soooo much easier to keep clean with a hose.

But I can see where vinyl could hold the moisture in and speed up the rust process........

Yes.... in a work van at a previous job, I noticed that in the morning the mat in the back would have condensation under it..... and the floor was rusty. That was vinyl/rubber directly on the steel.

Treble

Reaction score
My 16 is a custom ordered W/T. It came to me with 6 miles on the clock. The vinyl floor, like others have mentioned is easy to clean. A damp rag is all you need. I can't imagine washing it out with a hose, to many holes.

My 94 wants vinyl, but if LMC's vinyl is not the answer then who builds a quality vinyl floor? I would like to see your vinyl floor, never enough images on this board.
You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So.......out of curiosity I just pulled up a part of the vinyl floor on my 96 G1500 (260K) and 02 G1500 (209K) to see what the floor looked like. No rust I could see.

This is despite Colorado using liberal amounts of Mag Chloride to keep the dumbazz lifestyle immigrants in this state from sliding off the road every time it snows an inch.........

Might be because I'm in a low humidity state.

Jon K

Reaction score
Good enough.

Good to hear, definitely will be purchasing that. Despite the warning I was gonna go for the vinyl floor , but after giving the interior a good cleaning I have come to be quite fond of the red carpet.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If I ever put carpet in my truck again, I'd like get the looped stuff like my 69 Buick has in it..... I love that vintage look, and I think it'll look good longer than the type we had stock.

YES! Exactly what I'm going to put in my '98. Just because it's 'wrong'
...& I can!
To me the cut-pile plush carpet looks like it's some kinda household stuff.
Loop looks like real auto carpet.
Not only that, but there's way more & much better colors in the loop style.
If you're going to do the loop, look for an 80/20 blend (That's what it's called.) rather than the 100% nylon. You can tell the diff by looking at the actual loops. 100% nylon will have the loops in a grid of rows, whereas the 80/20 loops are random. No pattern or grid. Even the actual loops twist in different directions when compared the ones nearest. The 80/20 seems to last longer than the 100%.
The 80/20 also comes in 'salt-n-pepper' versions too. Green, blue or red with black flecks throughout.