aftermarket carpet or vinyl floor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
You can check out my build thread. I used a carpet from oemcarpets if I'm not mistaken. I state it in the thread.

Big job but I thought it was an ok install and quality. Pretty happy with the results.

Here it is when I first took it out of the box. And then a finished pic.it was a pre-mold.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jon K

Reaction score
There's really onlyplace to buy this stuff aftermarket, and it comes from Auto Custom Carpet. Whether you get it directly from them, from LMC, or from any other supplier - it comes from ACC.

Their carpet kits are decent. I have one in my truck, and I'm very happy with it. Their 'vinyl/rubber' floors are bad. Very bad. They are a 'general idea' of the shape of the floor and not much else. You'll need heat, cutters, and massive patience to install them.

For what it's worth, I sell their products through my work. I refuse to sell the vinyl floors because of the difficulty of the install.

how is their sound deadener and heat shield kit?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If I ever put carpet in my truck again, I'd like get the looped stuff like my 69 Buick has in it..... I love that vintage look, and I think it'll look good longer than the type we had stock.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, when I pulled the vinyl floor in my '94 3500HD there was a tremendous amount of surface rust and a few pinholes beginning. I wire cup brushed the crap out of it and painted almost the entire cab interior with POR-15.

Truck had no rust issues otherwise (SE TX) but I'm sure it got moisture inside from being a work truck, and also the ever-present roof leaks from the cab lights. Also don't overlook the condensation issues you get with temperature/weather changes; the vinyl floor doesn't breathe so the moisture can't evaporate. I have not seen damage like this on any carpet-equipped truck I have stripped down.

Richard
****. Hope I don't have that issue. Planning on pulling the vinyl floor soon. We shall see.