aftermarket carpet or vinyl floor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's really onlyplace to buy this stuff aftermarket, and it comes from Auto Custom Carpet. Whether you get it directly from them, from LMC, or from any other supplier - it comes from ACC.

Their carpet kits are decent. I have one in my truck, and I'm very happy with it. Their 'vinyl/rubber' floors are bad. Very bad. They are a 'general idea' of the shape of the floor and not much else. You'll need heat, cutters, and massive patience to install them.

For what it's worth, I sell their products through my work. I refuse to sell the vinyl floors because of the difficulty of the install.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Interior trimmer here, too. I LIKE my vinyl flooring! If anyone would upgrade to carpets, you'd think it'd be me. I get bugged by the buds all the time about the 'work truck' floor.
But...nope. Blow the truck floor out with compressed air, a quick wipe down & good to go. Way less maintenance. No dealing with coffee or drink stains nor holding of moisture.
Just wish the aftermarket version wasn't such crappy-crap.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interior trimmer here, too. I LIKE my vinyl flooring! If anyone would upgrade to carpets, you'd think it'd be me. I get bugged by the buds all the time about the 'work truck' floor.
But...nope. Blow the truck floor out with compressed air, a quick wipe down & good to go. Way less maintenance. No dealing with coffee or drink stains nor holding of moisture.

I love having a vinyl floor and I consider it an upgrade from carpet! One of things I really loved about my current truck ('97) when buying it is the vinyl flooring. Back about 13 years ago when I had my '95 I washed it out with a garden hose a time or two as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad custom ordered my red '97 with the Silverado package and vinyl floors. It is honestly one of my favorite things about the truck. No need for floor mats, just wipe it out once in a while. I messed up and stuck amplifiers all over the floor so I can't hose mine out, though. :lol:

You must be registered for see images

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I firmly believe the vinyl floor was the reason I had driver's side floor rust issues in my truck. PO drove the truck in Wisconsin winters, and when I pulled the vinyl floor the amount of crap under it was tremendous. It was also very very clear that it rusted from inside the cab, as the underside of the truck was comparatively quite clean. Snow and salt water gets on the vinyl, runs off to the sills, saturates the sound deadening from the edge inward, and then doesn't allow it to evaporate. YMMV, of course, but there was no denying that the vinyl was what put holes in my floor.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, when I pulled the vinyl floor in my '94 3500HD there was a tremendous amount of surface rust and a few pinholes beginning. I wire cup brushed the crap out of it and painted almost the entire cab interior with POR-15.

Truck had no rust issues otherwise (SE TX) but I'm sure it got moisture inside from being a work truck, and also the ever-present roof leaks from the cab lights. Also don't overlook the condensation issues you get with temperature/weather changes; the vinyl floor doesn't breathe so the moisture can't evaporate. I have not seen damage like this on any carpet-equipped truck I have stripped down.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard