Advice about fan clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I would also recommend the HD fan clutch. In Houston, Texas area, we've had good performance from them; definitely worth the money. The HD clutch has lots more fins on it, and is a thicker unit. My Burb has one on it, and even in heavy traffic it doesn't run hot. And mine is just a half ton, 2wd, 5.7 L31, but the big clutch is part of the towing package upgrades.
In the 70s and 80s we had an independent auto parts store in Houston area, and we sold a lot of those HD clutches. Often after someone cheaped out and got the regular one first, then wondered why the truck was overheating in the summer....
Back then the regular one was about half the price of the HD model. If you see it or a picture of it, you'll be able to see the difference in the units.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The two letter codes are what we call Broadcast codes, it is essentially a stamping number. Your original if it is still in the truck will have a sticker or a stamp with a 2 letter code on it. Since your climate is dry and hot i'd go with the heavy duty clutch fan regardless what the code is. The mounting should be exactly the same.
where would this sticker be?